Get Free Wifi By Tunneling Through Dns

wqevwevqwevqwrevwfd

Dynamic DNS is a service that enables you to assign a memorable domain name to your public internet IP address. This can help you use DNS tunnelling (you don't have to remember your IP address), but you still require a DNS tunnel server.

Dynamic DNS is a service that enables you to assign a memorable domain name to your public internet IP address. This can help you use DNS tunnelling (you don't have to remember your IP address), but you still require a DNS tunnel server.

Thanks for the awnser, just found out that theres also a option called:

SSH Daemon

I managed to setup it up but it was only local. Just messing hope to make a tut for other tomato users! (any help is appreciated)

Thanks for the awnser, just found out that theres also a option called:

SSH Daemon

I managed to setup it up but it was only local. Just messing hope to make a tut for other tomato users! (any help is appreciated)

Hi Nivong,

Check this link out, just to give u more info on Dynamic DNS

http://www.dyndns.com/

I use it at home as well, so if you have any queries on how to set it up, just PM me.

just my two cents, however I believe you can also use www.no-ip.com for dynamic DNS so you don't have to remember an IP.

Yes you are right, I for instance use dyndns.com because I find it easy to operate. Besides you can choose, ChangeIP.com or TZO.com as well.

You can install dns tunneling software on the wrt though. I run iodine on my under DD-WRT but it comes with the nstx daemon by default.

Thanks! the only problem is I don't have DD-WRT running on my router, and I found a option in my Tomato router that it got a option "ssh daemon" can that be a same kind of software? or do you advice to switch to DD-WRT?

So there is no option that the router can act as a DNS tunnel so that you don't need to have your PC(server)running 24/7 ?

I think you will need to flush your router with DD-WRT firmware, I don't think tomato firmwares come with SSH services, I may be wrong. But there is no reference to SSH on tomatos website.

Alternatively if you don't want to flush your router again, you could set up FreeSSHd server on your computer, but yeah you said you don't want to have a PC running 24/7. Umm not sure!

I think you will need to flush your router with DD-WRT firmware, I don't think tomato firmwares come with SSH services, I may be wrong. But there is no reference to SSH on tomatos website.

Alternatively if you don't want to flush your router again, you could set up FreeSSHd server on your computer, but yeah you said you don't want to have a PC running 24/7. Umm not sure!

Thanks for the awnser, well flushing isn't that much of a problem but I read and heard that DD-WRT isn't that stabel and good as tomatos. And because I need a stable internet connection I choice for tomato but he I will give DD-WRT a try!

Just flashed my router with DD-WRT and now, how to active it for DNS tunneling

i use btw:

VPN Generic

and I can choice these firmwares:

Mini-Build required for inital flashing via TFTP
Mini-Build required for inital flashing via WEB
Micro Generic - dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin
Micro Generic - dd-wrt.v24_micro_olsrd_generic.bin
Mini Generic - dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin
Xbox no-kaid Generic - dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin 
Standard Generic - dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin
Standard Generic - dd-wrt.v24_usb_generic.bin
VoIP Generic - dd-wrt.v24_voip_generic.bin
VPN Generic - dd-wrt.v24_vpn_generic.bin

Edited by nivong

I think I got it working under my tomato router, if I am done testing I will write a tutorial :)

Will be handy, let us know how you go