Backtrack4 And Fon+ Ics Problems

Hi

I just got my Fon+ device, its Firmware version was 1.1.1 r2. I use http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download.php Fon flash program and Jasager firmware downloaded fro digininja.org.

It was really easy to get jasager to my Fon+ .

Now my problem is how to use BackTrack4 to share WLAN connection to Fon+.

I'v tried some of these guides, but when I ssh to my fon+ (using another laptop connected using wireless) and I run "ifconfig" it seems that it doesnt get ip address. Also it cant ping.

I have tried http://www.hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15185 and some other guides .

However my Fon+ works well when I connect it directly to my router.

I mean that when I use another computer that have connected to OpenWtr wlan then Ican ssh to Fon+

So I can get Fon+ working, when I connect it to router.

I want to connect Fon+ to BT4 laptop and then connect to internet

target -> Fon+ -> BT4 laptop -> internet

and when that target is connected to Fon+ it can ssh to fon+.

I tried this using Ubuntu (gnome) Connection works really well. I did it using gnomes networkmanager ang then I add a new wired connection. I set it to use eht1 and from ipv4 settings to be shared connection.

Its great that this works well, but I want to do it in BT4 - can I use gnomes NetworkManager Applet 0.7.996 in BT4 (KDE) It seems that I cant get gnomes network manager to KDE.

Edited by Jarmo

Pass. As soon as you start getting the GUI apps involved I step out, they do some funky black magic which I never trust so will only work from the command line.

Are you wanting to set up a bridged or routed connection? If routed then you are probably missing the NAT iptables rule, bridging probably the bridge setup.

Well I want to do it without GUI, but its a lot easyer that way.

I actually dont know how I want to share my internet connection in BT4 (I thinh that what I have tried is routed)

How should I do it. I tried to use that script but it didnt work for me.

If someone have done this with BT4 please tell me how you did it.

Hi I just installed Ubuntu next to BT4 and I can easily use internet connection sharing with fon+

Now I add BT4 repos to Ubuntu and Im installing some tools to Ubuntu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I got this working with Ubuntu using GUI apps.

My only question now is I can connect to pineapple to turn Karma on. I can do it when Im connected to pineapple using WLAN.

But when Im sharing internet connection from WLAN to ETH0 to pineapple My eth0 IP 10.42.43.1 and pineapples IP 10.42.43.10.

So how I can connect to pineapple using eth0 connection.

When Im connected to to pineapple using WLAN its ip is 192.168.1.1 and when i connect to 192.168.1.1:1471

Edited by Jarmo