HTTP authentication

Warwick

The HTTP authentication doesn't seem to work in the client. I am using a proxy server which requires authentication and here is the log. I need a proxy as I'm outside the US. Pandora works fine on this proxy in a browser with manual authentication. Any suggestions?

Should say this is a great bit of programming. had the client working fine on proxys which don't need authentication

21/12/2009 7:01:36 p.m. SProxy starting

21/12/2009 7:01:36 p.m. Using HTTP proxy 69.163.47.145:8080

21/12/2009 7:01:36 p.m. Listening for connections on port 8888

21/12/2009 7:01:40 p.m. PandoraC: Client started

21/12/2009 7:01:44 p.m. PandoraC: Logging in to pandora...

21/12/2009 7:01:44 p.m. PandoraC: Syncing

21/12/2009 7:01:44 p.m. #0 POST http://www.pandora.com/radio/xmlrpc/v25?ri...amp;method=sync

21/12/2009 7:02:05 p.m. Generating error page: 502 Bad Gateway 'Connection Failure'

21/12/2009 7:02:05 p.m. #0: Failure to connect: System.Exception: Failed to connect to proxy. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 69.163.47.145:8080

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)

at Proxy.Session.Connect() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\Session.cs:line 264

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Proxy.Session.Connect() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\Session.cs:line 266

at Proxy.ProxyConnection.HandleRequest() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\ProxyConnection.cs:line 279

21/12/2009 7:02:05 p.m. PandoraC: ERROR Failed to auth: Failed to execute XMLRPC

21/12/2009 7:02:06 p.m. PandoraC: Auth failure ---> System.Exception: Failed to execute XMLRPC ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.PostXMLRPC(String path, String payload, Boolean secure) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 634

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.PostXMLRPC(String path, String payload, Boolean secure) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 691

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.PostXMLRPC(String path, String payload) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 596

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.DoSync() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 488

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.Auth() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 467

The HTTP authentication doesn't seem to work in the client. I am using a proxy server which requires authentication and here is the log. I need a proxy as I'm outside the US. Pandora works fine on this proxy in a browser with manual authentication. Any suggestions?

Should say this is a great bit of programming. had the client working fine on proxys which don't need authentication

21/12/2009 7:01:36 p.m. SProxy starting

21/12/2009 7:01:36 p.m. Using HTTP proxy 69.163.47.145:8080

21/12/2009 7:01:36 p.m. Listening for connections on port 8888

21/12/2009 7:01:40 p.m. PandoraC: Client started

21/12/2009 7:01:44 p.m. PandoraC: Logging in to pandora...

21/12/2009 7:01:44 p.m. PandoraC: Syncing

21/12/2009 7:01:44 p.m. #0 POST http://www.pandora.com/radio/xmlrpc/v25?ri...amp;method=sync

21/12/2009 7:02:05 p.m. Generating error page: 502 Bad Gateway 'Connection Failure'

21/12/2009 7:02:05 p.m. #0: Failure to connect: System.Exception: Failed to connect to proxy. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 69.163.47.145:8080

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)

at Proxy.Session.Connect() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\Session.cs:line 264

at Proxy.Session.Connect() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\Session.cs:line 266

at Proxy.ProxyConnection.HandleRequest() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\ProxyConnection.cs:line 279

21/12/2009 7:02:05 p.m. PandoraC: ERROR Failed to auth: Failed to execute XMLRPC

21/12/2009 7:02:06 p.m. PandoraC: Auth failure ---> System.Exception: Failed to execute XMLRPC ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.PostXMLRPC(String path, String payload, Boolean secure) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 634

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.PostXMLRPC(String path, String payload, Boolean secure) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 691

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.PostXMLRPC(String path, String payload) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 596

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.DoSync() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 488

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.Auth() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 467

Make sure the port is set correctly. I can't telnet to that port on that host while i can ping the host, so that's my best guess. If auth was failing it would be somewhere else.

Make sure the port is set correctly. I can't telnet to that port on that host while i can ping the host, so that's my best guess. If auth was failing it would be somewhere else.

Yep. The client changes the port when you shift between HTTP and SOCK5 - which I did and then didn't change the port back. Should be 36036. Here is the log

2/12/2009 7:08:36 p.m. SProxy starting

22/12/2009 7:08:36 p.m. Using HTTP proxy 69.163.47.145:36036

22/12/2009 7:08:36 p.m. Listening for connections on port 8888

22/12/2009 7:08:44 p.m. PandoraC: Client started

22/12/2009 7:08:46 p.m. PandoraC: Logging in to pandora...

22/12/2009 7:08:46 p.m. PandoraC: Syncing

22/12/2009 7:08:46 p.m. #0 POST http://www.pandora.com/radio/xmlrpc/v25?ri...amp;method=sync

22/12/2009 7:08:49 p.m. #0 POST 208 bytes to www.pandora.com

22/12/2009 7:08:50 p.m. PandoraC: ERROR Failed to auth: Failed to execute XMLRPC

22/12/2009 7:08:50 p.m. Pandora: 407 http://www.pandora.com/radio/xmlrpc/v25?ri...amp;method=sync

22/12/2009 7:08:50 p.m. PandoraC: Auth failure ---> System.Exception: Failed to execute XMLRPC ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

Yep. The client changes the port when you shift between HTTP and SOCK5 - which I did and then didn't change the port back. Should be 36036. Here is the log

2/12/2009 7:08:36 p.m. SProxy starting

22/12/2009 7:08:36 p.m. Using HTTP proxy 69.163.47.145:36036

22/12/2009 7:08:36 p.m. Listening for connections on port 8888

22/12/2009 7:08:44 p.m. PandoraC: Client started

22/12/2009 7:08:46 p.m. PandoraC: Logging in to pandora...

22/12/2009 7:08:46 p.m. PandoraC: Syncing

22/12/2009 7:08:46 p.m. #0 POST http://www.pandora.com/radio/xmlrpc/v25?ri...amp;method=sync

22/12/2009 7:08:49 p.m. #0 POST 208 bytes to www.pandora.com

22/12/2009 7:08:50 p.m. PandoraC: ERROR Failed to auth: Failed to execute XMLRPC

22/12/2009 7:08:50 p.m. Pandora: 407 http://www.pandora.com/radio/xmlrpc/v25?ri...amp;method=sync

22/12/2009 7:08:50 p.m. PandoraC: Auth failure ---> System.Exception: Failed to execute XMLRPC ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

i take it you've already ticked needs auth and filled all that out. I can't really give any help as far as this is concerned, as it was pretty much tacked on. from what i read it should work, but i have no way to test it.

It uses basic auth, if that;s any help: it adds a header which evidently should work for auth.

Proxy-Authorization: Basic base64(user:pass)

Download saver2 at the new link. ( http://zzj.itf-inc.com/downloads/Saver2Setup.exe )

AFAIK it's fixed in the new version (again, no http proxy to test with so not sure).

• 1 month later...
i take it you've already ticked needs auth and filled all that out. I can't really give any help as far as this is concerned, as it was pretty much tacked on. from what i read it should work, but i have no way to test it.

It uses basic auth, if that;s any help: it adds a header which evidently should work for auth.

Proxy-Authorization: Basic base64(user:pass)

Download saver2 at the new link. ( http://zzj.itf-inc.com/downloads/Saver2Setup.exe )

AFAIK it's fixed in the new version (again, no http proxy to test with so not sure).

Hi I am having the same problem all of sudden and I'm not sure how to correct the issue.....

When I first used the Pandora I used the stand alone client. To fix the error above I tried installing Saver2 and keep the default settings (since I have no idea how to work the settings) of sProxy like listen port is 8888 ServerName 127.0.0.1 ProxyPort 8080 ProxyAddr 127.0.0.1

In IE6 I have nothing checked under the LAN Settings

What settings would I need to change to make the Pandora client connect with the site again?

Hi I am having the same problem all of sudden and I'm not sure how to correct the issue.....

When I first used the Pandora I used the stand alone client. To fix the error above I tried installing Saver2 and keep the default settings (since I have no idea how to work the settings) of sProxy like listen port is 8888 ServerName 127.0.0.1 ProxyPort 8080 ProxyAddr 127.0.0.1

In IE6 I have nothing checked under the LAN Settings

What settings would I need to change to make the Pandora client connect with the site again?

Provide a log - i think you may be hitting a different error (Pandora updated versions earlier today and thus i had to bump the protocol version number in the client).

I'd recommend trying the saver2 update (go into saver2->configuration and hit check for updates).

• 1 month later...

I have looked at the Access Manager in the old environment, and did not see any SSO functionality being enabled.

The old environment does not have a psconsole, so I was not able to check the settings over there.

What bothers me, is that I do not know what kind of values should be stored in the sunPortalGatewayWWWAuthorization attribute. A basic http authentication string would look like this: Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuIHNlc2FtZQ==

I have looked at the Access Manager in the old environment, and did not see any SSO functionality being enabled.

The old environment does not have a psconsole, so I was not able to check the settings over there.

What bothers me, is that I do not know what kind of values should be stored in the sunPortalGatewayWWWAuthorization attribute. A basic http authentication string would look like this: Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuIHNlc2FtZQ==

i'm not sure you are in the right topic?

• 1 month later...

Hi. Am having difficulty understanding what to do. i install and get "bad gateway" using mozilla even though IE is set to allow proxy. pandora client won't register me (probably for the same reason). mozilla is set to C:\Program Files\Saver2\BrowserPAC.js ... do i even need sproxy?

post-18938-1272578681_thumb.jpg

Hi. Am having difficulty understanding what to do. i install and get "bad gateway" using mozilla even though IE is set to allow proxy. pandora client won't register me (probably for the same reason). mozilla is set to C:\Program Files\Saver2\BrowserPAC.js ... do i even need sproxy?

Yes, check your proxy settings in sproxy - is it configured correctly (and do you even need a proxy server?)

Pardon my ignorance. a) how do i know if i need a proxy server? B) how do i use saver2 without the proxy setup?

Thanks so much!

If you don't live outside the US, you don't need a proxy server (generally) unless you are on heavy restricted school internet or corporate internet.

To disable, find the window titled "Sproxy Host 1.2.1b built on ....", then click the config button at lower left. Make sure the checkbox that says "Chain with another proxy" is empty, then hit OK.