Projector... what to get???

Learnaseyego

I have been wanting to get a projector for some time now and I am tired of thinking about it and am ready to get one... but I don't really know all that much about them...

What is a good brand name?

What features should I look for?

Where is a cheap but reliable place to buy?

What type of screen should be used?

... and so on

I would like to stay as close to $500 as possible, but not exceed $1000

Any info will be very appreciated...

Thanks!

With projectors in my opinion I have noticed that the same manufactures for lcd's usually have similar qualities in the projector end to. The features would prolly be the types of ports, depending on what its used for anyways, just so it will hook up without any extra adapters and such. However the real things you are going to want to look at is lumens unless your room is going to be dark all the time. Viewsonic Projector At the college I go to we have these. They seem to be good in a Bright room, easy to read across the room. They fair better than the other brands too. This is a projector I was looking at when I was thinking on taking the step with that instead of a bigger display on my desktop. Also another thing you are going to want to keep in mind is price of replacement bulbs. Another thing too if you plan on watching movies look for one that will do 16:9 also (like this one) just so movies wont be skewed or chopped off when played.