Fon - Where to get

Hello all, I just started looking for a Fon. I was wondering if there was a place to buy them?

I found the official Fon website, but they have 2 different models, the FON Spot and the Fonera, and I'm not sure which is the one I need. Actually looking at it again it looks like the FON spot is the same thing as the Fonera? and its Version 2.0?

https://shop.fon.com/FonShop/shop/US/ShopCo...product=PRD-001

Is this what I need?

And if not, where would be a good place to get one? I found some on ebay, but they do not list any model numbers.

Can I downgrade the Fon2.0?

Thanks for you help!

This fon will work depending on the project you want to run. If it is for the interceptor then you need the fon+, which has 2 ethernet ports.

The extra antenna (or fontenna) is a directional one with a bit more gain. Can be helpfull but it all depends what you want to do with your fon.

cazze

This fon will work depending on the project you want to run. If it is for the interceptor then you need the fon+, which has 2 ethernet ports.

The extra antenna (or fontenna) is a directional one with a bit more gain. Can be helpfull but it all depends what you want to do with your fon.

cazze

Well that makes sense. I was just wanting to make a Pineapple. Use it to run Jasager. Not sure what the interceptor project is... *rubs goatee* ... *does some research* ....

Yea I just need it to run Jasager. :) Looks like I will be ordering a Fon! :) Thanks for the help.

FYI,

Interceptor is another project on hak5 where you can use the fon+ as a sort of network tap. You can plug the fon between 2 ethernet cables and the traffic over this cable can be sniffed wireless. Only limit is the traffic must be low, as the ethernet's are 100Mbit and the traffic that has been sniffed will be send over the 54Mbit wirelees interface, so you wil have some package drops or loss.

cazze

Hello all, I just started looking for a Fon. I was wondering if there was a place to buy them?

I found the official Fon website, but they have 2 different models, the FON Spot and the Fonera, and I'm not sure which is the one I need. Actually looking at it again it looks like the FON spot is the same thing as the Fonera? and its Version 2.0?

https://shop.fon.com/FonShop/shop/US/ShopCo...product=PRD-001

Is this what I need?

And if not, where would be a good place to get one? I found some on ebay, but they do not list any model numbers.

Can I downgrade the Fon2.0?

Thanks for you help!

hi i see u are looking for a fon well i am selling my fon it has jasager already on it so all u have to do is plug and play up to you im selling it for cheap also ps i live in uk so i will post or pick up but u will have to pay for postage but up to u email me on dead_virus87@hotmail.com from marcus