audio amp project

chuckley

I'm building a project for a friend. we gutted his Vietnam era communications radio he uses for re-enacting and are installed a a form factor pc and small touch screen so he can get his geek on in the mid of battle lol. well the one prob we are running into is finding a small amp to power his speaker that is built into it. i remember back in high school we built couple watt amps on a small pc board. does anyone know of anyone who sells something like that pre made. i don't feel like spending to much time on something for him...

thanks for any help or links

ok just to update since i could find where to delete a post. i found one. i bought one off ebay that is exactly the same as what i made in high school just is pre made. and was only 8 bucks after shipping. score lol

• 2 weeks later...

too true, a real hack is to go the cheaper way and mod it to work. thats the only reason i keep PC speakers lying around, for a small pre amp or amp for small speakers inside a system.

too true, a real hack is to go the cheaper way and mod it to work. thats the only reason i keep PC speakers lying around, for a small pre amp or amp for small speakers inside a system.

god i wish i would of thought of the pc speaker thing. o well next time. it would of been smaller too. ya i only paid 9 bucks after shipping for the 40 watt amp pre made on a circuit board. only difference is this time i don't have to make this one.. ill post pics when i get it dont. im kinda of excited to do this because this is the first time i build something for something that is going to get used this much. it will be in every ww2 reenactment he does. thank you guys for you suggestions. please feel free to send any idea's now im trying to figure out how to mount the board and a seal 12v battery. where ether leaning towards 2 6v in series or a small sealed/ non lead acid motorcycle battery. or mod it from a cheap harbor freight 12 v drill.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm building a project for a friend. we gutted his Vietnam era communications radio he uses for re-enacting and are installed a a form factor pc and small touch screen so he can get his geek on in the mid of battle lol. well the one prob we are running into is finding a small amp to power his speaker that is built into it. i remember back in high school we built couple watt amps on a small pc board. does anyone know of anyone who sells something like that pre made. i don't feel like spending to much time on something for him...

thanks for any help or links

well to add to my project i got my audio amp oc board and there was something wrong with it and it didnt work. i ended up going to radio shack and bought a 20 dollar pair of pc speakers. and i am using a big 12 volt energizer battery pack meant for a portable dvd player. it sounds amazing. pictures soon to come. i plan on swapping out the battery pack later for a 12 volt drill battery for easy of use and charging. i am so happy to get it done in time to be used in a re-enactment of the Vietnam war this weekend. idk what battle. since i only needed one speaker and it had 2 i just just one stay inside normal for added sound. kind looks like crap but when you put the back on no one will ever know.