Fon 2.0

Does anyone know how we can get some of these in the states?

I see that they are for sale in europe already and scheduled for release in the US in the summer.

I want to get my hands on one so bad. Does anyone know where I can get one early? (ive been kicking myself for not buying one when it was available for beta testing) Ive checked Ebay but havent seen any their.

Find someone from Europe that can get you one I guess.

I think US release is May 1st if I remember right. I'm just going to wait. Finals are coming up anyways, I'd be screwed if I got a Fon2.0 before school was out. I'd fail everything! :rolleyes:

May 1st...

well thats not too bad. maybe I can wait till then.

is it going for $50?

Whoops. It's US release will be July 1st. (http://wiki.fon.com/wiki/Fonera_2.0_Press_Release). That's a lot longer than I thought. :( "Sales will begin in Europe where the new Fonera 2.0 is priced at a very affordable €49,95." I imagine they will be doing the same pricing where that is the same price USD as well.

Digininja, any plans for a Jasager plugin for the Fonera 2.0 firmware? It would be incredible if you could pull that off, just pop in the plugin and you're off, no flashing or nothing.

I think the hardware changes from Fon + to the Fon 2.0 will not affect the firmware... So we can use the same firmware for the Fon2 that we use for the fon+.

Of course we will need to add the openwrt packages for usb and then the programming to use it.

I cant wait to use the USB function and the added RAM.