Mail slow

Harrison76

Hallo,

since some weeks my Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 has become very slow visualizing some html mail (like paypal payment's one).

Before it wasn't so slow but now it takes even one minute when I select one of them but only the first time: if i select it again is much faster.

I think it is because it tries to show the remote images that are in the mail.

I have done some things, even if maybe are not useful: I have zipped the mail, emptied the incremental filter of the undesidered mail, reinstalled the program and disabled the antivirus; I have checked too that in configuration editor was flagged the mailnews message display disable remote image but nothing has changed.

Which can be the reason?

Thank you

Some thing in your profile could be messed up. Try creating a new one. You will have to download all your email again, unless there is an easy way to move all existing mail from the old profile to the new. I know thunderbird stores each email as a file, perhaps it's possible to simply copy the files to the new profile?