DVR/PVR

G-Stress

I have a motorola dct 6416 with alot of recorded content that the only way I found to copy to my pc is via firewire and even then it won't copy the encrypted content. Was wondering if anyone knew of a device or video card that I could get that would allow me to record or capture my content to my pc whether it be encrypted or not.

Hope this all makes sense I know it's sunday, but I got a toothache and vadka seems to be the only working remedy at this time ;)

You won't find a device to capture HDMI (and possibly DVI), both implement HDCP which is specificity designed to prevent this (for now any way).

Getting a VGA/Component capture device will offer the best quality capturing, probably will cost allot.

I have a motorola dct 6416 with alot of recorded content that the only way I found to copy to my pc is via firewire and even then it won't copy the encrypted content. Was wondering if anyone knew of a device or video card that I could get that would allow me to record or capture my content to my pc whether it be encrypted or not.

Hope this all makes sense I know it's sunday, but I got a toothache and vadka seems to be the only working remedy at this time ;)

im assuming youre recording via firewire in windows. are you using xp or vista and which version of xp or vista are you using? do yo uhave media center installed? what app are you using to record from the firewire ports? i rip alot of content off my scientific atlantic boxes via firewire. the models are 3250HD and 8300HD. i use CapDVHS to rip the content from the box in .ts format then i use HDTVtoMPEG2 converter to convert the transport stream into mpeg2 format.

http://la.gg/v/CapDVHS0306e.zip

http://la.gg/v/HDTVtoMPEG2_v1.11.zip

when yo usay it wont let you copy encrypted content are you talking about transferring a recorded program from the STB to your computer or are you talking about recording a live show from the STB to your computer via firewire, or both? i know some channels and or programs are transmitted in a specific encrypted format.

live shows on the digital channels on comcast are flagged as "secure" so they cannot be transmitted through firewire. but recorded shows (including on demand) can be recorded onto the computer