Tv Antenna

thecomputergeeker

so i was sick with the crappy reception that my antenna was getting(and i was bored). It was one of those with the center square and the 2 straight antennas. so i made my own. It took me about 15 minutes to make once i figured out how i was going to make it. Heres what i got, and its made out of parts i had laying around.

post-12132-1235342639_thumb.png

A- the main antenna square with wire crossing back and forth the wire never overlaps

B- a VHF-UHF matching transformer

C- UHF-VHF distribution amp

the distribution amp did not do that much but it did alittle in performance

Here is a little video on a simple dtv antenna. Maker workshop - Makezine

I made one of these in about two hours. It was able to max out the signal quality meter on the tuner. Hopping it would pick up stations 90+ miles from house. It Did Not. So all i get is PBS from a town 40 miles from house.

This antenna would work in a city better than in the rural towns.

Here is a little video on a simple dtv antenna. Maker workshop - Makezine

I made one of these in about two hours. It was able to max out the signal quality meter on the tuner. Hopping it would pick up stations 90+ miles from house. It Did Not. So all i get is PBS from a town 40 miles from house.

This antenna would work in a city better than in the rural towns.

the only problem i see with that is he used a metal wire i bet if you use a copper wire you will be able to pick up a better signal. i might make one of those and add it to the one i already got for more signal i will post pictures once i am done. also if you use something more then electrical tape you would get less interference when the wires cross

the only problem i see with that is he used a metal wire i bet if you use a copper wire you will be able to pick up a better signal. i might make one of those and add it to the one i already got for more signal i will post pictures once i am done. also if you use something more then electrical tape you would get less interference when the wires cross

This was exactly what I was thinking. Ya know, I dont feel like buying a digital antenna for when they unplug the uhf/vhf access here, so guess what I am going to be doing?