What to flash the fon with?

What is the best firmware to flash a fon with atm? Do any of them support aircrack (airodump, aireplay etc) for actually cracking networks ?

im mostly just looking for some pros and cons for each firmware and to see what other users are running.

also, any word on a new jasager version coming out any time soon? thanks

(ordered fon a few days ago, now I'm just waiting and preparing)

For firmwares, if you want to run Jasager I'd recommend openwrt 7.09. It works and the wii covers setting it up quite well. There are also quite a lot of people here who can help you with problems.

As for a new version of Jasager. I've made some changes to the current version but got distracted with a new project which I'm just finishing up now. Once that is sorted I'll tidy up my Jasager changes and release version 3.

thanks.

should I use just plain old openwrt or the 'gargoyle' version i read about? thanks

Doesn't really matter, just depends on which interface you prefer. If you are looking to run Jasager you won't be able use Gargoyle's webserver so you will need to install another thats included in openwrt. So the easier way might be to just install Openwrt, but its all preference.

What is the best firmware to flash a fon with atm? Do any of them support aircrack (airodump, aireplay etc) for actually cracking networks ?

im mostly just looking for some pros and cons for each firmware and to see what other users are running.

also, any word on a new jasager version coming out any time soon? thanks

(ordered fon a few days ago, now I'm just waiting and preparing)

Here is what I found and using. If you want to crack networks, "legend" is the firmware that you might want to check. It has pre-compiled Aircrack tools including mdk3. Although the latest version is "legend 4.5U", I don't recommend this as it had got issues with broken X-wrt and stuff. You can download the old version Here.

Hope this helps.