Battlefield 2: Special forces problem

Bourvi

Hey guys, I don't know if you all got the same problem but each time that I've installed BF2 then BF2: SF, whenever I want to play BF2: SF, theres a message saying "mods/bf2/shaders/lightning.fx not found!!! _DO_ check your working directory, _AND_ sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP (really!)".

Please help me, I really want to play this game.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, I don't know if you all got the same problem but each time that I've installed BF2 then BF2: SF, whenever I want to play BF2: SF, theres a message saying "mods/bf2/shaders/lightning.fx not found!!! _DO_ check your working directory, _AND_ sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP (really!)".

Please help me, I really want to play this game.

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=bf...%2Flightning.fx

:rolleyes:

If you're too lazy to check out the URL above, just try reinstalling SF, and make sure you've updated to the latest v1.41 patch that's out. I haven't run into that specific problem, but I've had lots of funny errors from BF2, especially if using Vista. Strange things happen with this games installation, which usually can be fixed by a simple registry edits. Let me know if that at least resolves your problem..

1. Start the patch (no this is not a reinstall - keep reading)

2. Select your language

3. At the "welcome-screen", do not proceed!.

4. Keep the patch-window open and go to your start menu, select "run".

5. Write %temp%

6. Enter the folder {alot-of-digits-and-letters} and proceed to a a folder with a similar name. For example:

{03A9E526-2B99-4AF2-BC50-D26A2CFB516D}\{F317E784-F31C-4F26-A610-2D7BD89FEC5F}, youll know if its the right folder because youll find the bf2 cd key checker in it.

7. Double click BF2CDKeyCheck.exe.

8. You won't notice anything at this point.

9. Now your CD-KEY troubles should be over.