Voice Recognition / Responce Software

systemd0wn

Have some extra time on my hands and have been thinking about Voice Recognition software. It has been hard for me to find software on this topic. Want to look into integrating it with applications etc.

A couple things i would like to do with Voice Recognition software is Home Automation and Data Mining.

If anyone has any experience with voice recognition technologies i would appreciate a push in the right direction... Just want to evaluate the feasibility of some of my crazy projects.

For some reason when i think about starting new projects they never start off simple...

-systemd0wn

So far what I have found is a couple links.

http://www.developerfusion.com/article/159...ch-recognition/ (uses VB and Microsoft Voice Recognition Engine)

http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/sphinx4/ (Program made in Java could probably look at the source for help)

Those are only two links that seem to have any programing info on them that I could find. The rest where just explaining programs that did it already and or links to buy programs. What all are you trying to do? Are you wanting to make a standalone app for like Windows/Linux/Mac or something integrated like in a PDA/Phone etc etc. Sounds like it could be a fun project.

Ya i found a lot of services that would do application integration but couldn't find much in line with programming. I appreciate the links, they look a bit dated but it should gives me somewhere to start.

What am i trying to do? hrm... a lot. Haha, right now i am out of the country and when i get some free time i sit down with a notepad and think of random projects.

Project 1:

I have thought for a while (over a year now) about creating a web app that would be like a overzealous black book.

Features:

Add friends and acquaintances

Add emails, phone numbers, address, etc

Add pictures

Add known associates, family members

Add how i know the person

Add schooling, jobs, hobbies

Ability to utilize people search engines to automatically add more information

Ability to utilize social networking sites to gather more information

Add if they owe you a favor or not ;)

Face recognition, email a picture or sms a picture to the server and have it bring up more info

I am not incredibly dedicated to the project i just thought it would be an interesting concept. However i feel like it should be named 'stalker 3000' so i am unsure if i want to do it or not. You could also give close friends access to this and they could see if you have mutual friends or say your buddy needs a carpenter he could search to see if you know any and perhaps you could make an introduction for them. The voice integration would be having the ability to call a phone number (possibly skype) and say someones name or identifiable information and it could pull up more information for you.

Project 2:

I have also been thinking of (lots of thinking lately since all i do is work 24/7) home automation / interactive design. I would like to start some things with microcontrollers, be able to feed the dog remotely, look at the status of sensors (motion detectors, window sensors), check power consumption of certain areas of the house (and remotely turn off breakers) or specific appliances, have my computer play specific movies, check the local weather. Be able to tell the computer you need to relax and it sets the lights how you want, plays some good music, turns off the ringer to your phone(s).

I see it as me asking the computer for something and it acting on it. I would love for it not to sound like the old Microsoft Sam.

You could even integrate this with the previously mentioned software, "How is Bill doing?" and it would look up the latest 'tweet', facebook status, etc and reply to you using the most current one. For instance "Bills facebook status says he is "taking a poop".

As a proof of concept i could also see asking the computer (assuming you could access this without being directly in front of a computer) to look something up for you and once it looks up what you want it could display that on the nearest screen.

I am pretty much bored with little time to do anything technical so I am just tossing around ideas. Both of these would be big projects by themselves even without the voice recognition but it would be cool to come up with a couple proof of concept applications to use voice recognition with.

-systemd0wn

Hey, I'm also looking for some type of voice recognition software / library I can use, optimally for my own program. In a nutshell, I would like to be able and make many voice recordings on my Sony ICD-P520 and be able to automatically run it through a program that will convert (transcribe) my voice to text which I can store, eventually find interesting patterns in my thoughts but that's the easy part. Thus far, I can't find something I could use for that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Hey, I'm also looking for some type of voice recognition software / library I can use, optimally for my own program. In a nutshell, I would like to be able and make many voice recordings on my Sony ICD-P520 and be able to automatically run it through a program that will convert (transcribe) my voice to text which I can store, eventually find interesting patterns in my thoughts but that's the easy part. Thus far, I can't find something I could use for that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

There is voice to text programe I use to use called dragon naturally speaking, it's probably a lot better then it was when I used it many years ago. It's not cheap.