25C3 confrence videos

antirem

I have worked WAY too long on this blog post.. but I have compiled a list of all the torrent files available for the 25C3 confrence that ended on the 29th of december.. there was a good 6 hours of work on this (no joke)...

I am hosting a zip of all the torrents of videos out so far.. i will update it as new videos come online. If nobody here is interested ill stop posting about it.. but this honestly some of the best hacking material you will ever see.

grab the zip from my post http://hackerblog.net/papers/25c3-videos since zip link may update

I'd say it was better than shmoo as it has more people that do things, instead of just talk about other peoples work or rehash old information. Although Shmoo is the best con in the US for content as they do have a handful of good informative talks.

The talks that I thought were really good and should be watched are:

Security Failures in Smart Card Payment Systems

Advanced Memory Forensics: The Cold Boot Attacks

Why were we so vulnerable to the DNS vulnerability?

Scalable Swarm Robotics

Squeezing Attack Traces

Predictable RNG in the vulnerable Debian OpenSSL package

Making the theoretical possible (MD5 is now considered dangerous)

These ones really stood out to me for being excellent and enjoyable presentations and having good content.

I haven't watched anything from Shmoocon so I can't comment between the two, but I have to say that I loved the 25C3, it was my first proper con, I think I spent ~£300 on a week in Berlin, including travel, entrance, food and partying, etc. everything.

I believe the 25C3 was the fist C3 to sell out and it was mentioned that they have never had people sitting in the aisles of the halls before, it was rather busy.

it was mentioned that they have never had people sitting in the aisles of the halls before, it was rather busy.

I would call it an never ending fight for every free outlet ;)

The recordings are also available via HTTP from several sites, you can find the links on the official wiki-page

There are some really interesting talks here, check out the iphone talk!

There are some really interesting talks here, check out the iphone talk!

The iPhone hacking one was good, but was a little boring in places and no demo, which will always help improve the quality.

I just remembered the GSM Hacking one was good, especially during the demo the audience DDoS'd the base stations preventing the demo, at least the presenters saw the funny side as well.

Definitely need to take a switch and power extension next year to make getting sockets easier.

If you liked the Wii Fail talk check out the "deconstructing the xbox security system" video, its a couple years old but still very interesting to watch.