Multiple Network Adapters on Windows.

cyberoidx

I'm running vista 64bit, and have the following setup for my internet connection:

1) 256 kbps down 128kbps up "Broadband" all ports open.

2)2 Mbps down, random up "internet" connected through a proxy.

Both come through two different networks on different cables.

I have two different Ethernet Cards (or adapters)

What I'd like to do is use both the connections at the same time, but restrict the applications to one of them depending on my choice.

Since Connection 2 is through a proxy, I cant Play online games through it.

So I'd like to run maybe WOW, or CS on Connection 1, while I run Some app to download stuff / stream videos etc

Basically, I'd like to know how to bind apps to a certain connection / adapter.

Any help guys? I've asked over at Revision3 and TechGuy forums, and no one has a clue.

Edit: Found ForceBindIP, but any other GUI based alternatives? :P

I'm running vista 64bit, and have the following setup for my internet connection:

1) 256 kbps down 128kbps up "Broadband" all ports open.

2)2 Mbps down, random up "internet" connected through a proxy.

Both come through two different networks on different cables.

I have two different Ethernet Cards (or adapters)

What I'd like to do is use both the connections at the same time, but restrict the applications to one of them depending on my choice.

Since Connection 2 is through a proxy, I cant Play online games through it.

So I'd like to run maybe WOW, or CS on Connection 1, while I run Some app to download stuff / stream videos etc

Basically, I'd like to know how to bind apps to a certain connection / adapter.

Any help guys? I've asked over at Revision3 and TechGuy forums, and no one has a clue.

Edit: Found ForceBindIP, but any other GUI based alternatives? :P

If the app has the ability to bind to a specific IP address you set in the program, (say like uTorrent) then yes. Otherwise, I don't think its possible short of some kind or proxy and socks configuration for the program itself.

If the app has the ability to bind to a specific IP address you set in the program, (say like uTorrent) then yes. Otherwise, I don't think its possible short of some kind or proxy and socks configuration for the program itself.

Dissapointing. Cant believe there's no well known way other than forcebindip (which is giving some problems at times)

I guess i'll have to virtualise with DSL or smth.

Not exactly the best solution but if you use something like VMware then you can select the interface to bridge with. So you could create a VM to go through the proxy and download stuff on and then use the actual OS to run the games on, seeming they will go through the one that works.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation, I have two connections, wifi and 3g modem

while my 3g modem has better band (better for downloading, webpages in general) the wifi has smaller latentcy (better for skype)

plus my 3g block no ports while the campus wifi does

static routing doesn't make sense here since on one connection I want to use skype and the other utorrent.

I also came across ForceBindIP which seems perfect but according to the website it was last released 2005-10-29

I'm using a vista box an it only mentions xp compability

abandonaware?

in theory is simple, each application asks for whatever is available, so why couldn't I select what to respond to each request?

any thoughts?

It would make more sense to do it with a dual wan router.

yeah i have a peplink multi wan router for combining 5 of my neighbors "borrowed" wifi's into one very large pipe for me to use. for a few hundred bucks you can have faster internet than anyone can buy.

yeah i have a peplink multi wan router for combining 5 of my neighbors "borrowed" wifi's into one very large pipe for me to use. for a few hundred bucks you can have faster internet than anyone can buy.

I wasn't aware that they had built in wireless. How are you using it with wifi?