Downgrading La Fonera 2202

Ok so i decided to try out the fon 2.0 beta as it is called on fon's website but the firmware is version 2.0.1 r1 and that is out of the box it has not connected to the internet. the main goal with this is to use the usb with a bit torrent client (like rtorrent)and also use jasager for being out but i would also like to configure it for a repeater when needed for the 360 on the far end of the house. If anybody has had some experience with this model PLEASE feel free to post a reply.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need to downgrade anything. The FON2 is still in the beta so they didn't lock anything down. At least mine wasn't. I just ran Freifunk AP51 GUI and selected the firmware. It's the same hardware as the FON+ with the addition of a usb chip so just follow the guide for the FON+ and it should work thats what I did.

so is there somewhere that i haven't found online that talks about it and what to do to convert it over to the firmware i choose? and how easy was it for you to carry out the firmware upgrade to say openwrt or whatever it is your running? was there any problems or anything worth noting about what you did? Thanks for providing that tidbit of info tho it should save me the trouble of downgrading.

Just follow Robs guide on the forums Notes for Jasager on Fon+ 2201 it should get you up and running. However, before you start installing the stuff for Jasager buy a cheap USB stick and set it up as the storage/swap space. The jump drive is faster then the fons internal flash and if you mess something up just format the usb drive not the fon.