So what can i do with Jasager?

I havent managed to work out what Jasager is and what i can use it for..

Looking at my Jasager page now, in my Connected Clients:

BTHomeHub-AB39 00:1b:9e:62:62:b6

Now, is there a way i could packet sniff what there doing?

Or what, i mean BTHomeHub-AB39 dousnt look like a computer thats connected it looks like a Router?

Which i dont understand?

Can someone straitenout the purpose and some tricks for Jasager?

Thanks.

You're keen, installing the software first then trying to work out what it does.

Have a read at this http://www.digininja.org/jasager/ , watch some of the early episodes of Hak5 season 4 (Darren interviewed me on 0407 about Jasager) and read the forums. If you are still not sure what it is all about then it probably isn't for you.

Ok, i think i got it!

Jasager Puts itself to the top of the wifi connect list, and auto coneect to that connection...

So all data passes through that router, but making it look like its from the origional network, which means if i had a laptop i could connect Via Ethenet to the Fon.. while the laptops connected to a free(open) wifi net.. and bridge the connections from wifi to lan?

Or wouldnt that work?

Im only theorizing here, since i dont have a laptop to test with! urgh!

Ok, i think i got it!

Jasager Puts itself to the top of the wifi connect list, and auto coneect to that connection...

Not quite, it replies to any probe requests that are sent out by wifi clients. Usually when they get a probe response they will then try to associate with that network. Because of this Jasager can pretend to be any network that a client is looking for.

So all data passes through that router, but making it look like its from the origional network, which means if i had a laptop i could connect Via Ethenet to the Fon.. while the laptops connected to a free(open) wifi net.. and bridge the connections from wifi to lan?

Or wouldnt that work?

Im only theorizing here, since i dont have a laptop to test with! urgh!

That is the purpose, to become a man in the middle and there are quite a few threads on how to get that working.