Hacking Challenges - Websites

th3bigguy

I am looking for a website that host hacking/security/cracking challenges. I am looking for the particular site that has 10 different grades or steps to work on hacks. I know ethicalhacker.net has a subsite called counterhack but this is not the one. I believe the one I am looking for does program cracking or application cracking to figure out how to get around the DRM or copyright. Can anyone help me out on this one. I am getting ready to travel for the holiday's and was looking for something to do in the airports/families homes while I am out. Thanks in advance.

i would recommend to have a look at damn vulnerable linux .. in that it has inbuilt labrat and some of the modules with lots of hack sites book marked . the crackmes.de and reverse engineering which were mentioned were also frm there

http://damnvulnerablelinux.org/ <-- I post you the desciption of the site:

"Train IT security using Damn Vulnerable Linux (DVL)! This distro is meant to be used by both novice and professional security personnel and is even ideal for the Linux uninitiated."

This is a live distribution which you can use in VMware or VirtualBox or whatever, to train yourself. It's a really nice project which I'm using myslef.

http://www.reverse-engineering.net/ <-- real good one with video tutorials. It's also the community forum of dvl (damn vulnerablel inux)