BotHunter

DingleBerries

BotHunter is a passive network monitoring tool designed to recognize the communication patterns of malware-infected computers within your network perimeter. Using an advanced infection-dialog-based event correlation engine (patent pending), BotHunter represents the most in-depth network-based malware infection diagnosis system available today.

Available on Unix, Windows, and a Live CD. HERE

And I give a *expletive* because???

Were you just overwhelmed by a PR guy?

(Now there's a Left4Dead mod we need... Replace the zombies with PR clowns and Affiliate spammers....)

Sorry about that! I realize that my comment was a bit more rude than I intended. Every time I hear "Patent Pending" for a software product I just get totally turned away from it. If I were to use the product or even go to the site, I couldn't program for a living because now I'd be held liable for knowing about the possible patent. I can't look into it to see just how cool the product is because it would taint me from a patent perspective. If I were to write my own functionally similar algorithm without having seen the other product or known about it, I'd be free and clear so...

It's better off not knowing. In the patent game, ignorance is bliss.

Sorry about that! I realize that my comment was a bit more rude than I intended. Every time I hear "Patent Pending" for a software product I just get totally turned away from it. If I were to use the product or even go to the site, I couldn't program for a living because now I'd be held liable for knowing about the possible patent. I can't look into it to see just how cool the product is because it would taint me from a patent perspective. If I were to write my own functionally similar algorithm without having seen the other product or known about it, I'd be free and clear so...

It's better off not knowing. In the patent game, ignorance is bliss.

I understand the whole patent pending thing, and all in all i wasn't very happy with the software(linux version). Any one with common sense can monitor their network traffic and see what is out of place, and that is pretty much what this does. I would rather have a way of getting rid of the bot, other than a complete wipe of my drive, then knowing where the traffic is going. Still, an interesting project with an interesting partner(US Military).