virtualbox problem

RogueHart

i keep getting this error

VirtualBox kernel driver not installed. The vboxdrv kernel module was either not loaded or /dev/vboxdrv was not created for some reason. Please install the virtualbox-ose-modules package for your kernel, e.g. virtualbox-ose-modules-generic..
VBox status code: -1908 (VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED).

everytime i start the machine. i know im supposed to download that package but. well look at the screenshot attached

i restarted as i was supposed to(my boot menu is now flooded with ubuntu lmao) and tried again and i got the same error again. does anyone know what the problem is? my google search revealed that i needed to install that package which is why i did. and when that didnt help i installed multiple packages.

if it helps im trying to run a win 98 machine. but i do have the installation disc. virtualbox ose

post-7229-1225838629_thumb.png

i keep getting this error

everytime i start the machine. i know im supposed to download that package but. well look at the screenshot attached

i restarted as i was supposed to(my boot menu is now flooded with ubuntu lmao) and tried again and i got the same error again. does anyone know what the problem is? my google search revealed that i needed to install that package which is why i did. and when that didnt help i installed multiple packages.

if it helps im trying to run a win 98 machine. but i do have the installation disc. virtualbox ose

I've dabbled with a number of VMs including Virtualbox. Stupid question? Did you install the guest-addons? You are using Ubuntu for your host OS and Win 98 is your guest?

I've dabbled with a number of VMs including Virtualbox. Stupid question? Did you install the guest-addons? You are using Ubuntu for your host OS and Win 98 is your guest?

yeah. and i double checked as well.

if it helps anyone, im just wanting something to play around with lol. maybe damn vulnerable linux would be worth a shot lol