Uber stuck!

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting on the board. I got to watching the Jasager pineapple and had to try it. I ordered one, and it got shipped to me today!

Anywho, I'm chuggin along and I got to step 12 (a simple telnet) and I can't get in to the little booger. I couldn't get an IP from the Fon, so I manually assigned myself 192.168.1.2, and still no luck! Do I now have a $40 paperweight? I hope I didn't brick it!

Any help here would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Subl1m1nal

Disregard guys!

Darren's picture was kinda confusing me, it thought the flashing was done when it said "your ip address is 192.168.blah.blah". The flashing is complete when the flashing app closes. You'll see a log that sends the kernel and stuff over and flash it.

Sorry I was quick to post! I thought I bricked it and panicked!!!

Thanks,

Subl1m1nal

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same issue... I cannot telnet into my Fon. I flashed this thing about a dozen times, any ideas anybody?

Are you trying the correct ip address after the flash (192.168.1.1) . Is your NIC on the right subnet? You'd naturally be on the 192.168.10.0/24 subnet from previous steps, make sure you change.

And finally, are you sure you are waiting for the flash to finish. I'm asking this because I flashed mine a few times and assumed I'd either bricked it or got it wrong because I hadn't left it long enough. I now start it and then ignore it for an hour, gives plenty of time for everything to finish.

Are you trying the correct ip address after the flash (192.168.1.1) . Is your NIC on the right subnet? You'd naturally be on the 192.168.10.0/24 subnet from previous steps, make sure you change.

And finally, are you sure you are waiting for the flash to finish. I'm asking this because I flashed mine a few times and assumed I'd either bricked it or got it wrong because I hadn't left it long enough. I now start it and then ignore it for an hour, gives plenty of time for everything to finish.

I'm sure the flash completed, many many times, I'm sure I'm trying the correct IP address. I nmapped 192.168.1.1 and it reports it is indeed the Fon and that 22, 23, 53, and 80 are open. How do I know telnet is trying to talk to the Fon instead of my router? Could that be my problem... improper physical setup?

How many devices do you have on 192.168.1.1?

What happens if you hit it with a web browser?

From memory you shouldn't get port 80 open by default on an openwrt install because you haven't got any web stuff on it, that is why you install webif, to install the web browser and an easy way to configure it, before you install Jasager.

What do you get if you ssh or telnet or dig an address from it? As all the ports are open (I assume that is what you meant when you posted them) you should get some replies.

Yeah, in windows, if you open a command prompt, and type

telnet 192.168.1.1 22 (or any other port you want to test connectivity to. e.g. 9100 for printers, 80 for http, etc)

Note that in windows vista you have to enable telnet.

If you get a response, you're good. No response, you're not talking on that port.

If no response, check cabling, you IP address on your computer. Make sure you're not having any IP addressing problems.

Lastly, when all else fails, flash again. It took a couple of times for me to get mine working. I thought I had it flashed right, until I read that you had to flash the kernel and rootfs (duh). I had forgot to flash the kernel...which is very important. The flash will finish when the window closes. I'm a newb, but I'm learning. Hope this helps.