tremulous

RogueHart

just installed this game and its caught my attention for the strange way it works. most tdm style fps games have 2 distinct teams with very similar abilities. while this game is something completely different. you can be human or alien. there are 2 classes for human. rifle and construction. rifle is basically being able to use an automatic weapon. construction you only get the semi auto blaster but you can build stuff like gun turrets and spawnpoints.

the aliens also have 2 classes. ive only tried 1 though and i cant remember its name. i like it. you have no projectile. you fight by running into your opponent and biting them. which sounds like a rip but your like the face humpers from the movie alien. your small and hard to shoot and you move quick. but i like it because you can climb on walls and ceilings without any restriction whatsoever. no getting tired and falling. no slow movement. no only on certain walls. completely free to run anywhere.

i just find it an interesting multiplayer game. anyone who wants to play a game post and ill setup a server if i can.

its cross platform windows and linux.

either can get it here http://tremulous.net/files/

linux players can do

sudo apt-get install tremulous

and then if you want you can do

sudo apt-get install tremulous-*

to get the extra stuff like the server setup.

the game is open source so its free

Tremulous is open source, licensed under the GPL. Tremulous is open source because we believe that the source code should be made available to the public, along with the binaries. The primary reason behind this is to allow other developers to utilise sections of this code in their own works, should it be useful to them. It should be noted however, that using the source requires your work to also be covered by the GPL and hence be open source itself.

i woulda said yeah ill vs you but for some reason i play the game and nothing happens i run around one man if i get to the alien it just stands there, the game is dead, i dont know what to do, and the mod options in main menu is empty and theres no servers shown when i play

i woulda said yeah ill vs you but for some reason i play the game and nothing happens i run around one man if i get to the alien it just stands there, the game is dead, i dont know what to do, and the mod options in main menu is empty and theres no servers shown when i play

i think the sudo apt-get version is outdated. after reading the site i find that it talks about a lot more stuff than shown in the game ive got lol

when i got time to download the newer version ill do that but untill then i think youll havte find another player lol

i havent got the newer version yet either lol