wlanconfig: ioctl: No such device ifconfig: SIOCSIFADDR: No such device

Loup

I get " wlanconfig: ioctl: No such device ifconfig: SIOCSIFADDR: No such device " when I click on

"Create and setup interface" on the Jasager home page .

root@OpenWrt:~# iwconfig ath0

ath0 No such device

root@OpenWrt:~# ifconfig ath0

ifconfig: ath0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

Did you let Jasager create the device first? Just browse to the web interface and it will offer to create ath0 for you.

Or you could do

wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode master

Yes, that's actually the error that I get when I create it from the web interface or from the command line :

"wlanconfig: ioctl: No such device ifconfig: SIOCSIFADDR: No such device"

Yes it's a FON, and if I compare my System information page from webif and Darren's screenshot, everything is the same. Humm, except that my kernel version is 2.6.19 instead 2.6.21 ... why ??

Unless the board information is hardcoded in the webif html, I haven't checked, it's an Atheros. I can pop the case to be 100% sure.

I've extracted the jasager-madwifi_1.tar at the root level, is there something I could check to make sure it's properly installed

Thanks !

From Darren's guide :

15.png

use dmesg and grep for karma and madwifi, that will tell you if the modules are being loaded. You can also use lsmod to check the list of modules in memory.

I don't know why you'd be on a lower kernel version, unless you got a different firmware from somewhere.

I haven't heard any reports of fons with wifi chipsets that aren't atheros so my feeling is that it is software failure somewhere.

• 2 years later...