game maker

RogueHart

a lot of you have probably already heard about it but game maker is similar to alice in that its a drag and drop way of programming. but its focused on games. its a lil weak on its own but you can work directly with code if you choose.

cant say much right now as i dont have the time. heres the site. http://gamemaker.nl/

Ever since v7 and it was bought out by that other company it hasn't been as good imo :3 It was a lot of fun back in the day to make silly little games with it ^_^

yeah lol i remember being in 7th grade making tons of maze games and shooters lol. shoot the pikachu!

Some people at my school are obsessed with that software, and make all these odd games from the templates. I dont know why, but I absolutely hate it. Id Rather try to make a DirectX 10 game in fortran.

lol i havent used it in a long time. i didnt use the templates before though. just used a couple of tutorials and got what i could. you have to admit its about as dumbed down as it gets

Alice is crap compared to the old Game Maker...I'm sorry. I'm just a big fan of GM bcuz I was 10yrs old when I strted programmin (with GM)...and even now I use it for those free times when I want to mak a quick small addictive game for a friends birthday (better than flash)..

I introduced GM into my highschool and the whole syllabus for CS programming changed (^^,)- lol.

When schools and Universities are teachin Python / Java / VB / Ruby as introductions to programming....its soo fustrating (**"). THEY BASICALLY SCARE THE STUDENTS OFF THE COURSE (I should know, I tutor many of them).

GM is a New World Order in programming - a basic GUI programming language / higher than high level programming...And the first steps is lettin it be heard..Spread the word.

Alice is crap compared to the old Game Maker...I'm sorry. I'm just a big fan of GM bcuz I was 10yrs old when I strted programmin (with GM)...and even now I use it for those free times when I want to mak a quick small addictive game for a friends birthday (better than flash)..

I introduced GM into my highschool and the whole syllabus for CS programming changed (^^,)- lol.

When schools and Universities are teachin Python / Java / VB / Ruby as introductions to programming....its soo fustrating (**"). THEY BASICALLY SCARE THE STUDENTS OFF THE COURSE (I should know, I tutor many of them).

GM is a New World Order in programming - a basic GUI programming language / higher than high level programming...And the first steps is lettin it be heard..Spread the word.

i found game maker at age 10 and started making money off of it selling the games i made with it lol. its classic