Jasager Wiki

Just to let everyone know I've setup wiki space for the Jasager project at http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Jasager

So far it only contains one guide, the basic Fon 2100 unlocking / Jasager install guide:

http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Fon_Jasager_Install

Feel free to edit it with your comments. A few guides I can see needing right off the bat would be a networking guide based on the discussion here and hardware guides.

Darren Kitchen: I'll totally post to the wiki before the end of the day, once I ensure that I can set Der Jasager up with a static IP and point it to the ICS'ed laptop.

That'll negate the need to waste time locating Der Jasager's IP, thusly making this a more portable/stealthy solution.

That's a "go" preceded by a "no".

The Alfa card installed without a problem in VMware Server 2.0, but the scheiss Linksys card caused the VM to crash. Maybe when I can get my hands on another, more recent wireless NIC, I'll try again.

The Alfa card is connected to my access point. If I had another compatible wifi card, I don't see why ICS wouldn't work. But again, I'd need to get something that VMware likes, before I could test.

Be well

That's a "go" preceded by a "no".

The Alfa card installed without a problem in VMware Server 2.0, but the scheiss Linksys card caused the VM to crash. Maybe when I can get my hands on another, more recent wireless NIC, I'll try again.

The Alfa card is connected to my access point. If I had another compatible wifi card, I don't see why ICS wouldn't work. But again, I'd need to get something that VMware likes, before I could test.

Be well

Thanks for the attempt!

USB cards should (theoretically) be able to work through vmware but other cards probably won't. The problem is that if the machine is offering the card to the vm then it has already stripped it down to a basic network interface so the vm can't access any of the low level stuff, such as controlling wifi settings etc. The reason USB ones work is you can get the host OS to pass the device through to be directly controlled by the vm.