All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Rkiver

Root

Which phone? Which OS? Which OS version? I'd suggest googling your make, model, OS version and then "non pc root".
  3. Bwag88

Root

Does anyone know how to back into the root of a smart phone without having use a pc?
  4. Today
  5. Hi, you can try repairing the USB Root Hub. here are the detail steps, hope can help you. Step1: Press Win+R and type devmgmt.msc and then open Device manager of your computer system. Step2: Look for “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” and click on it to expand the list. Step3: Now, search for “USB Root Hub” option and right click on it to select the properties. Step4: After this, open “Power Management” option to uncheck the option “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” and press “OK”. And I think you can download the Bitwar data recovery on your PC in advance to avoid data loss. Good luck
  6. Last weekend I've been looking for more info on CAD-software to design a case/enclosure for multiple dongles with a Raspberry Pi. I've seen dozens of possibilities, but have no idea which tool to choose. This is what I am looking for; - Software to design enclosures for PCB's - Preferably free/open-source - Not cloud based - For use with an Ultimaker printer (compatible file types: STL, OBJ, X3D, 3MF, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG) Hopefully someone has any tips about good software to use for creating enclosures for various types of hardware. Looking forward to hearing the experiences in using different CAD-software and recommendations. What software does Hak5 uses to create the enclosures for the different products for sale? Thanks!
  7. Just remove screw back your Lan Turtle & see socket for expand micro SD slot. sry for english
  8. urlsnarf not working with 2.6.0 even if in github quotes "upgrade to 2.6.0"
  9. Yesterday
  10. Would the same be true with quickcreds and openvpn modules on the bash bunny and lan turtle? I tried to help others months ago and their brand new bash bunny and lan turtle wouldn't work yet mine seemed to work right from the get go. These are older modules and I guess I don't remember having issues back in the day when they were first popular but my firmware is also several revisions older than what's out there now. And I never did find out if it was a firmware issue or and update to the linux software. I've noticed a lot of people doing software updates on their devices "apt-get" and I'm curious why that would ever been necessary. Apt-get one piece of software sure but apt-get upgrade just to do it??? Why?
  11. Hi guys, i am having a bit of a nightmare with this one and i have been pulling my hair out for nearly two weeks trying to fix this issue and finally i decided to ask for help from this great community. I have a standard Linux Mint installed on my laptop and everything is updated. The problem that i am having is that there is a loud static noise coming from my speakers whenever my laptop is on battery power. I get no static at all when my laptop in connected to AC power which leads me to believe it is a power saving issue of some kind but not sure. I have tlp power saver installed and tweaking the settings does little good. On battery power though sometimes the static is a bit quieter to the point of stopping completely. So i think great my issue is solved, only for me to load media like vlc or clementine etc and i get the loud audio static again and when i close these windows it all goes quiet again. There is also the loud static type sound when powering on and off my laptop. I am completely stuck. Please i really really hope someone can help
  12. https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/nethunter/build-scripts/kali-nethunter-project/wikis/home go down to 3 build scripts to https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/nethunter/build-scripts/kali-nethunter-project/wikis/Building-Nethunter all info gist is build.py [-h] [--device DEVICE] [--kitkat] [--lollipop] [--marshmallow] [--nougat] [--forcedown] [--uninstaller] [--kernel] [--nokernel] [--nosu] [--generic ARCH] [--rootfs SIZE] [--release VERSION] easy as : python build.py -d oneplus1 --lollipop i normmaly add --forcedownload --rootfs full :thats it
  13. So on the topic of the Wifi Pineapple Tetra and Nano. The issues users are having is with community modules. To explain to anyone not familiar, "community" modules are exactly that, modules made by community users to add features to the pineapple that is not included with the core firmware. Due to the recent update to firmware 2.6.x the OpenWRT version was upgraded several versions ahead of the last prior pineapple firmware version 2.5.4 from 15.x to version 19.x in the pineapple firmware. Due to this nearly all modules and any required dependencies for them to work need to be updated as well so they are compatible with pineapple firmware 2.6.x Now this is frustrating waiting for the community modules to be updated, BUT the pineapple is not sold with the promise of any of these community modules. The wifi pineapple firmware 2.6.1 I can confirm working on the Tetra. Core features like Recon and PineAP that are part of the Hak5 released firmware are working (may have minor bugs that will be updated in future firmware but are still at this point functional) which is what you are buying directly from Hak5. It is my opinion that nearly all current complaints are on the topic of community modules not working due to the update to 2.6.x. So again, it is frustrating to some level that modules you'd like to use will not work on the newest firmware BUT it is not fair to say as some users that Hak5 products are "junk" or that they are "ripping people off". I think like always the Hak5 team and community will work together so that things will be smooth sailing again but it does take some time. The only real issue is if a community module developer is no longer active someone else will have to take on the task of fixing it. For anyone looking to see the status of tested modules take a look here: If you have any info on a module and the status of it working/not working please post to the above thread to help keep a log until all these community module issues are resolved!
  14. Hey I started a new thread here: I don't want to hijack this one anymore but I am interested in knowing what's broke and why it's broke.
  15. I don't want to hijack the nano truth thread anymore so I'll start something here in hopes that we can clear up some confusion. First my background so I can get a better understanding of what's going on, cause I'm not really having issues here...but...I don't typically upgrade my devices unless I have a reason to. I don't just upgrade to upgrade. So what are the problems we're having with the bunny, turtle, duck, and pineapple? I've tried to help several people on the turtle, bunny, and duck without much luck because my firmwares are older and theirs are the latest and greatest, or at least they are trying to put the latest firmware on theirs. Cap_Sig says it's third party apps that need to be upgraded and I can buy that. Are these apps breaking because of Hak5 firmware upgrades or because people are upgrading the actual Linux software on their devices? As far as I'm aware these are two different things. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like to help, I'd like to upgrade the firmware on some of my devices but hearing the issues after upgrading...I'm not so sure I want to. So where do we go from here? Any info would be great.
  16. PixL

mdk4

Excellent, I thought I was missing something obvious because nobody else was mentioning it! Seems to work better now 🙂
  17. Yes i have a dual boot. Yes i had buy a real alfa product.
  18. Agree with this if looking for remote access. NordVPN personal vs business plans is mainly on the business account you get dedicated IP and multi user support with user admin tools to manage them. There are some other small features as well.
  19. I guess to rule out power issue is that on the same system that Kali is on, dual boot? Did you buy a genuine Alfa adapter? Some of the knock offs cause issues in Kali. The RT3070 chipset should be plug and play as long as you didn't load any other drivers manually into Kali.
  20. Why not just use the business's firewall? 99.99% of them have that capability.
  21. What are you running Kali on? Live ISO, VM, HDD install ? If VM, what software? Seen this before with VirtualBox
  22. Ok, thanks you for answer. root@Bonjour:~# lsusb Bus 001 Device 005: ID 148f:3070 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 Wireless Adapter root@Bonjour:~# dmesg [ 30.475642] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00_set_rt: Info - RT chipset 3070, rev 0201 detected [ 30.485515] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00_set_rf: Info - RF chipset 0005 detected [ 30.523750] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht' [ 30.523940] usbcore: registered new interface driver rt2800usb [ 30.565971] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Info - Loading firmware file 'rt2870.bin' [ 30.576212] rt2800usb 1-8:1.0: firmware: direct-loading firmware rt2870.bin [ 30.576216] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Info - Firmware detected - version: 0.36 [ 30.868343] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00usb_vendor_request: Error - Vendor Request 0x06 failed for offset 0x0404 with error -71 [ 32.115190] ieee80211 phy0: rt2800_wait_csr_ready: Error - Unstable hardware [ 32.115196] ieee80211 phy0: rt2800usb_set_device_state: Error - Device failed to enter state 4 (-5) [ 35.666467] fuse: init (API version 7.31) [ 42.807478] rfkill: input handler disabled root@Bonjour:~# dmesg | tail [ 30.523750] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht' [ 30.523940] usbcore: registered new interface driver rt2800usb [ 30.565971] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Info - Loading firmware file 'rt2870.bin' [ 30.576212] rt2800usb 1-8:1.0: firmware: direct-loading firmware rt2870.bin [ 30.576216] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Info - Firmware detected - version: 0.36 [ 30.868343] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00usb_vendor_request: Error - Vendor Request 0x06 failed for offset 0x0404 with error -71 [ 32.115190] ieee80211 phy0: rt2800_wait_csr_ready: Error - Unstable hardware [ 32.115196] ieee80211 phy0: rt2800usb_set_device_state: Error - Device failed to enter state 4 (-5) [ 35.666467] fuse: init (API version 7.31) [ 42.807478] rfkill: input handler disabled root@Bonjour:~# airmon-ng start wlan0 Found 2 processes that could cause trouble. Kill them using 'airmon-ng check kill' before putting the card in monitor mode, they will interfere by changing channels and sometimes putting the interface back in managed mode PID Name 628 NetworkManager 790 wpa_supplicant PHY Interface Driver Chipset phy0 wlan0 rt2800usb Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 (mac80211 monitor mode vif enabled for [phy0]wlan0 on [phy0]wlan0mon) (mac80211 station mode vif disabled for [phy0]wlan0) root@Bonjour:~# aireplay-ng wlan0mon -9 14:06:10 Trying broadcast probe requests... 14:06:12 No Answer... 14:06:12 Found 0 APs root@Bonjour:~# rfkill ID TYPE DEVICE SOFT HARD 0 wlan phy0 unblocked unblocked Thanks for help.
  23. 👍 Best way to help the community is be proactive help in my opinion 👍
  24. Great. Post your results here: Trying to keep a running log of module statuses for users looking to see what is currently working in firmware 2.6.x
  25. The pineapple is a device that can be used many ways. I think this is a pretty far fetched comment. @Darren Kitchen @Sebkinne @Foxtrot along with others have always worked through issues with devices in the past and I expect they will do the same now. The pineapple at its core is working. Built in modules are working in firmware 2.6.1. The issue most users are experiencing is with "community" modules. These modules are developed by community users and must be updated by them to continue working as the Hak5 team releases firmware updates. I don't think it is fair to say there products don't work when the community modules are not independently advertised as features of the product. They should be viewed more as bonus features. Most advertising of the products are of the built in core features like Recon and PineAP on the wifi pineapple.
  1. Load more activity