Kali install issues

Swamppifi

Hi all

I have finally gotten my hands on a kali iso 368 image that works, so I have spent saterday night trying to install it.

Now I have tried to install on a virtualbox on both my XP rig and my Hp mini windows 7 rigs.

Now I have a problem, when trying to install from the iso, both machines have been failing at the same point 69% install, without fail, it won't make 70%, keeps coming up incompatable kernel poe not enabled.

Now I have gone into bios and enabled the virtual cpu, and also have enabled the poe option in virtual box on both machines.

Yet it still fails on both machine, I have tried to set the virtual machine as linux 2.6/ debien/ ubuntu without luck.

But here is the kicker, I could set up both virtual boxes with the live kali with poe option ?????

It will run virtual live kali, but won't virtual install.

Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong would be apreciated.

Peter

Hi all

I have finally gotten my hands on a kali iso 368 image that works, so I have spent saterday night trying to install it.

Now I have tried to install on a virtualbox on both my XP rig and my Hp mini windows 7 rigs.

Now I have a problem, when trying to install from the iso, both machines have been failing at the same point 69% install, without fail, it won't make 70%, keeps coming up incompatable kernel poe not enabled.

Now I have gone into bios and enabled the virtual cpu, and also have enabled the poe option in virtual box on both machines.

Yet it still fails on both machine, I have tried to set the virtual machine as linux 2.6/ debien/ ubuntu without luck.

But here is the kicker, I could set up both virtual boxes with the live kali with poe option ?????

It will run virtual live kali, but won't virtual install.

Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong would be apreciated.

Peter

Does the md5 check out?

Does the md5 check out?

As mentioned if the MD5 sum is bad, your download is corrupt or something wrong with it if they don't match. If they match, try burning the ISO and doing a real boot from the main system itself, not from a VM, just to see if you can get it to live boot and run. Personally, I've always had issues with VBox though, and stick to Vmware myself. It may even be easier, if you're only planning to use it in a VM, download VMware player(think its still free) and then download a pre-made VMware version from their site. Make sure you didn't download something like the arm image version or such and have the correct ISO though.