Admin Accounts and Remote Administration

Snowman

I saw a video on youtube and a guy used SQL injection to hack into an admin account and I saw that he had "admin options" and how he could edit the forums and delete stuff and all that junk... But I was wondering how someone would set up a web-server so that you could administrate it remotely (change around the files, save new file, delete old files). My other question was, I have my computer set up as a webserver and i'm using apache 2.2, but I was wondering is there any way to hack a static webpage? becuase all that my webpage is is files that u can download. Is there any way to hack that and if there is then how (somewhat detailed explanation please)?

-Sn0wm4n

I saw a video on youtube and a guy used SQL injection to hack into an admin account and I saw that he had "admin options" and how he could edit the forums and delete stuff and all that junk... But I was wondering how someone would set up a web-server so that you could administrate it remotely (change around the files, save new file, delete old files).

phpMyAdmin

My other question was, I have my computer set up as a webserver and i'm using apache 2.2, but I was wondering is there any way to hack a static webpage? becuase all that my webpage is is files that u can download. Is there any way to hack that and if there is then how (somewhat detailed explanation please)?

-Sn0wm4n

A vulnerability in Apache. Keep Apache up to date and it won't happen (unless you do some thing to the configuration that makes it 'insecure' despite Apache been up to date).

What your looking for are 2 tools. One is phpMyAdmin. The other is webmin. Its an incredibly useful tool and can be configured to work with pretty much anything. I learned a lot about *nix administration just from playing with this tool. And the beauty of it is that it doesn't screw with your system, unlike Plesk (a commercial alternative geared towards web hosts) which in-twines itself the entire OS.