Cisco Networking Help

trustme

I recently found some old cisco stuff in a box in my basement:

4 * Cisco AIRONET 1200 series AIR-AP1210 Wireless Access Point

4 * Cisco Catalyst 2950 series 24 switch 10/100 Ethernet port thingy

1 * Cisco Ethernet port thingy older version number so not important.

There may be more stuff back there but whatever.

I was recently updating my linksys WRT54GS (hardware version 1) to a new firmware version and decided to up my security.  When I did so, I discovered that my wireless range expanders are also hardware version 1 and that doesn't play nice with WPA2.

I'm pretty sure Cisco stuff is better than linksys, so I was wondering if anyone can help answer these questions

1) Can I link multiple AIRONETs together and use one as a range expander (ie no Ethernet cable going into the back)

2) Can anyone tell me about how much this stuff is worth? I looked online but I'm pretty sure the prices are old.

3) Can anyone give advice on making this stuff work?  I know that Cisco is a lot more complex than linksys, I registered as a user on their website so I can download software from them.  I have no idea what half the stuff means, or even what to download.

Thanks for any help,

Ryan

Linksys is technically Cisco (Cisco owns it), but you are right, cisco stuff tends to be better than linksys.  Cisco gear is made more for the business side/industrial, while linksys is not built quite as nice and is meant for the home user.  If you sell the stuff on ebay you can get atleast a couple hundred bucks.  The 2950's are worth probably around 40-60 a piece (feel free to correct me, that is the price I have found), the other stuff I won't try and say as I have no fucking clue.  Good luck in you sales venture.