How to Share Internet

Emperorr

On 6/16/2024 at 5:23 PM, Emperorr said:

How can I share my Internet to anyone far way in another city.?

Are you talking about sharing your internet connection or about letting someone connect to your computer over the internet?

At this current point in time it is not feasible 

Not what you described, the lan turtle will give you a shell into a network but not let you share your internet. If you plugged a lan turtle it would give them access to your network but they would have to access it through their own internet.

4 hours ago, JDM said:

Not what you described, the lan turtle will give you a shell into a network but not let you share your internet. If you plugged a lan turtle it would give them access to your network but they would have to access it through their own internet.

The LAN Turtle has OpenVPN. It would technically be sharing an Internet connection, but most people think of Internet connection sharing as being able to use the same connection without routing from a remote location.

• Like 1

Maybe it’s a breakdown in communication if he is just wanting to share the network wouldn't it be easier to use a network overlay like zerotier?

Edited by JDM

I used to have a friend who has shared his internet acess with me via PPTP protocol on PC.

When connected instead of using my data bundle, his data bundle will be used rather and mine will remain intact..he did some tweaks by port forwarding his router and with the help of Duck DNS website.i lost his contact on Telegram.

Trick your ISP into not registering that you're using data? The VPN packets will still pass through their routers, and you'll be using slightly more data. The tweaks that you mentioned aren't going to allow you to exceed your data cap unnoticed.

And don't expect anyone here to let you onto their network.