Help - Having trouble with HTTPeek

Kowaulsky

Although we are required to post our thread to the existing module thread, I noticed that someone had already posted a thread and received no responses. Therefore, I assumed that the original creator or other users do not check the thread regularly.

As a result, I am posting my issue here. I am experiencing difficulties running the HTTPeek module. After clicking on Enable, the 'Not Listening' function gets stuck in an infinite loading loop when I hit 'Start'.

Although my WiFi Pineapple MVII is brand new and running the latest firmware, I have encountered the same issue as other users complaining of it.

I have attempted to fix the problem by reinstalling the module, rebooting, and performing a factory reset, but to no avail. I searched the logs but did not find any issues.

Can anyone suggest a solution or provide insight into the problem?

Additionally, can someone explain the purpose of each interface for the modules? I want to ensure I am using the correct one and not interfering with other tasks.

I thank everyone in advance who will help me or at least try to.

Are you running other modules in the Pineapple or is HTTPeek the only one?

I have never had any issues using that module, although I haven't had any real reason to use it since it's quite (or, very) limited in its scope.

20 hours ago, Kowaulsky said:

Additionally, can someone explain the purpose of each interface for the modules?

When saying "interfaces", I assume that you refer to network interfaces, such as wlan0, wlan0-1, wlan1, wlan2, and so on?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 4:04 PM, dark_pyrro said:

Are you running other modules in the Pineapple or is HTTPeek the only one?

I have never had any issues using that module, although I haven't had any real reason to use it since it's quite (or, very) limited in its scope.

When saying "interfaces", I assume that you refer to network interfaces, such as wlan0, wlan0-1, wlan1, wlan2, and so on?

I installed other modules but also removed them, even did a factory reset, nothing changed. There is alot of people complaining about issues when running this module, similar to the one I mentioned so I'm surprised it's running well for you. It's really limited honestly, even if yes it only sniffs HTTP traffic (not TLS/SSL traffic) it's still quite nice to have it running.

As for interfaces, yes, I don't want to use interfaces being used for something else so.

I guess you have to dive into the code of the module and try to figure out where things go wrong. Or, try to contact the module developer to get some assistance. As said, I'm not at all a frequent user of the module. I've most often just used it when others say that they have had issues with it,  but it just works every time I execute it.

When it comes to the interfaces of the Mark VII it's as follows for WiFi

wlan0 is the Open AP
wlan0-1 is the Management AP
wlan0-2 is the Enterprise AP
wlan1 (wlan1mon) is always used for monitor and inject/PineAP - if wlan1 is selected in the web UI
wlan2 is used for connecting to other APs aka STA or client mode
wlan3 (wlan3mon) is always used for monitor and inject/PineAP - if an external comaptible USB WiFi adapter is attached, and wlan3 is selected in the web UI

Then you have other interfaces as well, easiest way is to look at the files:

/etc/config/wireless

and

/etc/config/network

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2024 at 2:25 AM, Kowaulsky said:

Although we are required to post our thread to the existing module thread, I noticed that someone had already posted a thread and received no responses. Therefore, I assumed that the original creator or other users do not check the thread regularly.

As a result, I am posting my issue here. I am experiencing difficulties running the HTTPeek module. After clicking on Enable, the 'Not Listening' function gets stuck in an infinite loading loop when I hit 'Start'.

Although my WiFi Pineapple MVII is brand new and running the latest firmware, I have encountered the same issue as other users complaining of it.

I have attempted to fix the problem by reinstalling the module, rebooting, and performing a factory reset, but to no avail. I searched the logs but did not find any issues.

Can anyone suggest a solution or provide insight into the problem?

Additionally, can someone explain the purpose of each interface for the modules? I want to ensure I am using the correct one and not interfering with other tasks.

I thank everyone in advance who will help me or at least try to.