She can see all my text messages, anything I researched on the net and see what apps I was using. How?

Brandonb

I also found her using this site. I'm extremely interested on how to protect myself or how she did it. I did connect to her wifi once but that's it. She's a computer science major.

We got into an argument and she brought up very personal and embarrassing subjects I researched and text my friends. She did admit to hacking my phone. She told me even if I disconnected from her wifi, she could still see everything. Any clue what she did? Or how she did it? Without touching my phone?

• 2 weeks later...

I can only assume that when you connected to her WiFi, you were actually connecting to a Man-In-The-Middle access point, like a Raspberry Pi. Quite easy to do. She then set it up to forward traffic between your phone and the real WiFi access point, picking up anything in-between with tools like Wireshark. I doubt she would be able to read text messages, as that would involved a Femtocell, which is more complex and highly illegal. She's likely over-exaggerating about that, seeing your internet traffic would be enough to work out the topics you were researching.

3 hours ago, 0phoi5 said:

I can only assume that when you connected to her WiFi, you were actually connecting to a Man-In-The-Middle access point, like a Raspberry Pi. Quite easy to do. She then set it up to forward traffic between your phone and the real WiFi access point, picking up anything in-between with tools like Wireshark. I doubt she would be able to read text messages, as that would involved a Femtocell, which is more complex and highly illegal. She's likely over-exaggerating about that, seeing your internet traffic would be enough to work out the topics you were researching.

That wouldn't do everything she claimed unless she was was bluffing. She also shouldn't be able to see anything he was researching, only DNS.