Help Flashing Nano to Lastest FW

akmartinez

Hello everyone,

I have a Pineapple Nano with Firmware 2.3.2.

Whenever I get into the web interface and select the Advanced page to Check for Upgrades  I receive "Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com.  Please check your connection.".

I have the Nano connected to my Ubuntu desktop via the Y-Cable.  I also have a USB ethernet adapter (from Hak5's ethernet essentials) connected to it via USB and network cable to my router (the same one my desktop is connected to).

I am unable to get any bulletins or check for firmware updates.

I visited the documentation page for manual upgrading and I can't SCP the updated firmware with the instructions provided.

When I enter this command (with the correct update file name) I receive an error:

scp upgrade-x.x.x.bin root@172.16.42.1:/tmp/

Unable to negotiate with 172.16.42.1 port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa
lost connection

I am able to ssh into the Nano but the command I have to use is 

ssh root@172.16.42.1 -o HostKeyAlgorithms=+ssh-rsa -o PubkeyAcceptedAlgorithms=+ssh-rsa

I can navigate the directories but not sure what I can do from here to get the new firmware onto the Nano.

I'm relatively new to Linux so I might still need some specific instrutions/commands.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan