Wireless Client Mode - Not populating anything

Mark M

When in setup, I am trying to use "Wireless Client Mode" to establish Internet connection.  However, upon hitting scan or the drop down arrow, It does nothing, nor does anything populate.

Is this a damaged device or is there a simple solution I am not seeing?

Thank you,

Mark

18 minutes ago, Mark M said:

When in setup, I am trying to use "Wireless Client Mode" to establish Internet connection.  However, upon hitting scan or the drop down arrow, It does nothing, nor does anything populate.

Is this a damaged device or is there a simple solution I am not seeing?

Thank you,

Mark

Did you try rebooting? Could be a temporary error. 

Yes, I have tried rebooting.

root@mk7:~# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux 5.4.154 ohci_hcd Generic Platform OHCI controller
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux 5.4.154 ehci_hcd EHCI Host Controller

I wouldn't call it common, but this isn't the first time this happens. Some Mark VII:s has had faulty USB hubs and since both MT7601 2.4 GHz radios are attached to the internal USB hub of the Pineapple, they fail to show if the hub is faulty/broken (and will of course not be available in the web UI for the same reason). The lsusb output should show these two lines if the radios/chipsets are available:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:7601 MediaTek 802.11 n WLAN
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 148f:7601 MediaTek 802.11 n WLAN

Glytch even made a video about changing the USB chip on the Pineapple when he fried his. Not anything that is recommended though for someone that doesn't have the skills needed to do that operation. It will void warranty as well and if the Pineapple is still covered by warranty (as it seems to be just being a week old), I would suggest submitting a support ticket to get it sorted.

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.  Unfortunately, that is what I will need to do (return it).  I am hopeful I can get a new one overnighted or 2 day, if possible.  Thank you again for such a quick and detailed response.

Archived