Can't download handshakes to host computer

cottonmouth

Title.

For some reason clicking the download icon in Recon > Handshakes does nothing.

The same icon is present in Recon > Scanning > Previous Scans. It immediately gives me the option to download the JSON for the scan. So I don't believe this is related to any webpage setting.

Have tried downloading in Firefox and a chromium browser. Tried on linux and windows. Same result - nothing.

Curious to know if there is a setting I'm missing or if this is a known issue. I could not find anything on the forums or internet.

In the meantime if anyone could relay a command line instruction to use to download these to the host I would appreciate it. Just trying to figure out how to streamline the process - capturing the handshakes was quite easy.

I have no issues doing that. Either in Firefox or Chromium (Linux based distro).

The handshake files should be stored in /root/handshakes on the Pineapple (but you can set that to some other location in the web UI). The option would be to scp the files from there, but I would suggest investigating the web UI download further. It just should work, it's not a bug. What firmware are you using on the Pineapple? The latest 2.1.3?

scp -r root@172.16.42.1:/root/handshakes/ .

12 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

I have no issues doing that. Either in Firefox or Chromium (Linux based distro).

The handshake files should be stored in /root/handshakes on the Pineapple (but you can set that to some other location in the web UI). The option would be to scp the files from there, but I would suggest investigating the web UI download further. It just should work, it's not a bug. What firmware are you using on the Pineapple? The latest 2.1.3?

scp -r root@172.16.42.1:/root/handshakes/ .

Yeah, I changed the storage location of the handshakes and it would not longer download them from the browser GUI. SSH still worked.

I changed the directory back (well, actually restored to factory for this and a couple other reasons) and the download button works fine now. Worth noting in the future that changing the handshake directory may disable the download for some (or all?).

Can't seem to be able to reproduce that scenario. I've tried to change the handshake directory/path back and forth and I never end up having any issues. Either the Pineapple web UI lists the handshakes found in any directory configured, or not showing them if the configured directory doesn't hold any handshake files. If the handshake files are listed in the web UI, it's possible to download them. Perhaps some browser caching issue or such, difficult to say. Try an incognito browser window next time it happens and see if it works that way.

On 1/31/2023 at 7:40 PM, cottonmouth said:

Title.

For some reason clicking the download icon in Recon > Handshakes does nothing.

The same icon is present in Recon > Scanning > Previous Scans. It immediately gives me the option to download the JSON for the scan. So I don't believe this is related to any webpage setting.

Have tried downloading in Firefox and a chromium browser. Tried on linux and windows. Same result - nothing.

Curious to know if there is a setting I'm missing or if this is a known issue. I could not find anything on the forums or internet.

In the meantime if anyone could relay a command line instruction to use to download these to the host I would appreciate it. Just trying to figure out how to streamline the process - capturing the handshakes was quite easy.

Have you tried in private/icognito mode? Do you have 30 browser plugins and one could be blocking it?

Archived