PineAP

Street

I've had the Mark VII for a long time now, and broke it out again to try the new updates.  I really like the PineAP features, but need to know how to use them with WiFi APs that require passwords.  I am able to capture handshakes fine so that's not a problem, but also would like to use PineAPs rouge access point at public hotspots that give away their passwords already.  DeAuth & Evil Portal work fine. However I have found that for some APs the DeAuth & HandShake Capture don't let you click because they are colored in red.  Apparently there is protection now for some servers!

I need to break this down in order to make it clear if there are multiple questions/scenarios or just one.

5 hours ago, Street said:

I really like the PineAP features, but need to know how to use them with WiFi APs that require passwords

Explain this more in detail, what do you want to accomplish?

I am able to capture handshakes fine so that's not a problem, but also would like to use PineAPs rouge access point at public hotspots that give away their passwords already.

The same thing here; how would you like to use PineAP in a scenario that involves public hotspots with passwords that is known in some way?

However I have found that for some APs the DeAuth & HandShake Capture don't let you click because they are colored in red.  Apparently there is protection now for some servers!

What kind of servers and how are they related to APs and the ability to deauth and capture handshakes?

I am duplicating an SSID which has a password I already know, and then DeAuthing the real SSID. This should cause the client to connect to the WiFi Pineapple. The only problem is PineAP doesn't have the option to create a password for my APs duplicate SSID. This means I can only do it to WiFi Hotspot that don't use passwords.

WPA3 and some other WiFi 6 AP

17 hours ago, Street said:

However I have found that for some APs the DeAuth & HandShake Capture don't let you click because they are colored in red.  Apparently there is protection now for some servers!

WPA3 and some other WiFi 6 APs have PMF. The management frames are encrypted, and you can't spoof those. You also can't capture handshakes if SAE is the authentication method. 

Archived