Deauth

RoarkLaughed

I live in a rural area with no neighbors but within Wi-Fi range of the road. Currently using Starlink (which is supposed to be WPA3, but that feature has been removed for some reason, no ETA on it coming back). My router is also broadcasting an SSID that I did not set up. Starlink is sending a new router, but in the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to get my pineapple to just deauth anything that might try to connect (excluding my devices). Is there a deauth module? I can't seem to find one.

If running the 1.1.1 stable firmware, there's one thing that might need to be addressed. The mdk4 package is installed as a dependency when installing the MDK4 module on the Pineapple. That mdk4 package is of an older version (it has at least been before) and that might cause problems in some use case scenarios due to some bug in that particular version. In the case it's older (4.0 v1), it's possible to download a newer version from Adde88's GitHub repo. (Sideloading ipk:s is done at your own risk though).
https://github.com/adde88/openwrt-useful-tools/

If using the 2.0.0 beta/RC firmware, this should probably not be an issue anymore since that firmware uses a newer version of mdk4 from the repo. Haven't checked the package repo for a while for the 1.1.1 firmware version, so can't say if it has been updated or not.

15 hours ago, DramaKing said:

No module that I'm aware of. I assume that doing it manually through Recon isn't what you're looking for. Does MDK4 deauth continuously? 

So, MDK4 definitely will deauth continuously for at least 15-20 min, but thats as long as I've let it run. I am running into an issue where I can't figure out how to format the whitelist. I've tried listing the MACs one per line, separated by commas, comma/space, and just a space. None of those seem to work in my testing If anyone could enlighten me, that would be great.

4 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

If running the 1.1.1 stable firmware, there's one thing that might need to be addressed. The mdk4 package is installed as a dependency when installing the MDK4 module on the Pineapple. That mdk4 package is of an older version (it has at least been before) and that might cause problems in some use case scenarios due to some bug in that particular version. In the case it's older (4.0 v1), it's possible to download a newer version from Adde88's GitHub repo. (Sideloading ipk:s is done at your own risk though).
https://github.com/adde88/openwrt-useful-tools/

If using the 2.0.0 beta/RC firmware, this should probably not be an issue anymore since that firmware uses a newer version of mdk4 from the repo. Haven't checked the package repo for a while for the 1.1.1 firmware version, so can't say if it has been updated or not.

I'm running the 1.1.1 stable firmware, MDK4 seems to work just fine except for the whitelist as I mentioned above. I'm either not setting up the whitelist correctly(I've tried listing the MACs one per line, separated by commas, comma/space, and just a space.), or it's bugged. I'd be interested in any thoughts on how to format the whitelist.

I'd suggest (as said in my previous post) to run a MDK4 version newer than what is available with the 1.1.1 firmware. Run mdk4 --version in a terminal. If it's 4.0 v1 then you might have problems getting it to work properly. With that version there has at least been issues with using blacklists and if you have problems using whitelists it's likely that the whitelist handling suffers from the same issues as the blacklists. So... try to use a newer version of mdk4 and see if that solves the problems you are experiencing.

Archived