New Mk7 unable to factory reset

R0n1n

Hello,

I just received my mk7 in the mail this evening and was able to get through the initial setup without a problem.

However, my pineapple started to power down after the initial solid blue light->blue blinking light sequence.

The AP would appear in my networks list on my Mac for a second prior to the shutdown but I’m unable to connect quick enough.

I went to factory reset the device following the instructions. Disconnect->hold button-> connect power->count the 3 blinks->config ip. Since I’m using a Mac I quickly realized that I wouldn’t be able to detect the device, so I switched over to my windows machine.

After switching to windows, I went through the aforementioned steps to enter recovery mode. To my dismay, I was unable to enter into factory reset mode and am now consistently getting the blue light sequence with the end result being no light at all. (Solid blue light->blinking blue light->device shuts off)

I am running a pilot on these devices to justify an upgrade to enterprise pineapples, and need to get the sorted this week if possible.

Any input or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Not sure what to suggest since you seem to be in some limbo situation where recovery mode is possible using a Mac (which won't work if you are on an OS version that doesn't have drivers for the Pineapple chipset) and not possible for some unknown reason on a Windows box. Can't understand why recovery mode won't work when using Windows. Doesn't seem logic at all. If you are powering it correctly, it shouldn't randomly reboot. Even if the Pineapple should work with a power supply with less amps than specified, make sure it gets 2A. Also make sure that you use the recovery firmware. But if you (as confirmed) have been following the documentation, you already know that. If anything you try fails, then I would suggest creating a support ticket and try to get it replaced.

2 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

Not sure what to suggest since you seem to be in some limbo situation where recovery mode is possible using a Mac (which won't work if you are on an OS version that doesn't have drivers for the Pineapple chipset) and not possible for some unknown reason on a Windows box. Can't understand why recovery mode won't work when using Windows. Doesn't seem logic at all. If you are powering it correctly, it shouldn't randomly reboot. Even if the Pineapple should work with a power supply with less amps than specified, make sure it gets 2A. Also make sure that you use the recovery firmware. But if you (as confirmed) have been following the documentation, you already know that. If anything you try fails, then I would suggest creating a support ticket and try to get it replaced.

I was able to get recovery mode working again.

I had to open the device up and add a shim between the plastic case and the circuit board.

For some reason the external tab wasn’t making enough contact with the internal button even though it would make an audible click.

I can post pictures and show how I fixed it if you think that it would be worth while.

Thanks. 

Archived