OMG Cable Drivers for Linux / Wont Flash

jo3yy

Please bear with me here as I am very very frustrated with this. I have attempted to install the drivers on Ubuntu, Fedora and Debian. None of them install. I have tried to flash anyways without installing the drivers, this is what happens:

<<< FATAL ERROR: [Errno 13] could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/dev/ttyUSB0'. PLEASE DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT CABLE AND START TASK AGAIN >>>

I have tried the web flasher too and it does something similar.

I realize that it isn't the fault of the OMG programmer or cables that the drivers don't work, but the fact that this is a known product means that I know someone out there has to have figured out how to install the drivers on Linux based OSes. The drivers will not install, no matter what I try. I have looked it up, there are no solutions online. I have tried running make in the directory of the drivers, tried doing the necessary steps like cping some stuff, etc. It doesn't work. I am almost at tears here because this is so frustrating, it should not be this hard to install a driver! I need an easy solution because I do not want to have to troubleshoot this anymore. I'm already frustrated.

I am stupid.  On Debian and Ubuntu I just needed to reinstall pyserial as root and run it as root. On Fedora, there were actual driver problems, they didnt' seem preinstalled. Please delete this thread if spotted.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived