I finally managed to capture handshakes like Daren in his video

CheeZe Bacon

This is the only way i can catch handshake

When i boot up my device .. monitor interface look like this .. 

i hit capture wpa on my router 5m next to me .. deauth and never catch anything 

wlan1.jpg.b5064698bd0f6646c35b6c5f6188fa5a.jpg

ssh into my device to put interface into monitor mode

wlan1mon.jpg.c3369cd8d19e64d2bf39d2730f2ec582.jpgwlan1mon2.jpg.520a5a6a1be20f13bb7f9c50046bb710.jpg

Hit capture wpa .. deauth .. and boom 30 sec after .. handshake ..

i probably messup my interface config during is first configuration ? 

On 12/30/2021 at 10:51 AM, CheeZe Bacon said:

This is the only way i can catch handshake

When i boot up my device .. monitor interface look like this .. 

i hit capture wpa on my router 5m next to me .. deauth and never catch anything 

wlan1.jpg.b5064698bd0f6646c35b6c5f6188fa5a.jpg

ssh into my device to put interface into monitor mode

wlan1mon.jpg.c3369cd8d19e64d2bf39d2730f2ec582.jpgwlan1mon2.jpg.520a5a6a1be20f13bb7f9c50046bb710.jpg

Hit capture wpa .. deauth .. and boom 30 sec after .. handshake ..

i probably messup my interface config during is first configuration ? 

if you hit scan in the recon tab it will put it into monitor mode.

I have now had my Pineapple MK7 for a month and after numerous tests on the latest stable firmware version 1.1.1 I can confirm there is definitely an issue with capturing handshakes this looks to be an issue between the web interface performing deauths and capturing the handshakes. If this is performed manually via ssh it works with no issues, HAK5 needs to address this and release an updated firmware, until then the device is a waste of good money and i would caution others not to buy until a new firmware is out, Judging from the forums and numerous complaints they do not seem to show any interest or acknowledge this at all, such a pity....

11 hours ago, JC911 said:

I have now had my Pineapple MK7 for a month and after numerous tests on the latest stable firmware version 1.1.1 I can confirm there is definitely an issue with capturing handshakes this looks to be an issue between the web interface performing deauths and capturing the handshakes. If this is performed manually via ssh it works with no issues, HAK5 needs to address this and release an updated firmware, until then the device is a waste of good money and i would caution others not to buy until a new firmware is out, Judging from the forums and numerous complaints they do not seem to show any interest or acknowledge this at all, such a pity....

Hmm 🤔 makes me want to try your method now. 

Archived