When to flip the switch and firmware v.

combatwombat27

So, I was thinking, wouldn't it be an issue if I switched to arming and THEN plugged into the network? Couldn't it potentially start the (in this case) nmap scan before it is up and on the network. Would it not be best to plug it into the network and THEN switch to attack mode?

Second question. Is there a way to see what firmware I'm already running on the shark jack?

Third question. I see on the UPDATE_PAYLOADS command is only available on firmware 1.2.0 but when I check the firmware page it goes up to 1.1.0. Am I missing something?

image.png.984819a9f789bc3c5c5f3924cb49a51e.png

image.png.255cc8e36d24239efce7c1b09a2d310e.png

Not sure what you mean by the first question. Both arming and attack mode is mentioned.

Second question; ssh into the Shark and run: cat VERSION

Alternatively set up C2 and add the Shark (but that's a load of work just to get the version)

Third question; you most likely stumbled upon some documentation that isn't really supposed to be released yet. Possibly a new variant of the Shark incoming that could be inspired by the O.MG cables (perhaps).

47 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

Not sure what you mean by the first question. Both arming and attack mode is mentioned.

Second question; ssh into the Shark and run: cat VERSION

Alternatively set up C2 and add the Shark (but that's a load of work just to get the version)

Third question; you most likely stumbled upon some documentation that isn't really supposed to be released yet. Possibly a new variant of the Shark incoming that could be inspired by the O.MG cables (perhaps).

Thanks so much for the detailed response. This helps a lot. As far as the first question, I'm wondering if I should put in attack mode before plugging it into the network jack. The reason I ask is I was worried if I did that, that payload.sh might start running before I have it connected to the network. I'm trying to avoid breaking / not using the attack scripts correctly.

Hope that makes more sense. 

13 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

And, yeah, the Shark Jack Cable seems to be a new (unreleased) product since it's on a picture in the new documentation at the new help.hak5.org address.

https://help.hak5.org/shark-jack/getting-started/shark-jack-basics#shark-jack-cable

Quick hide it /s.

This has been a Crazy year for the tech industry.

Even for hak5. Example Pineapple Enterprise and the MK7AC module. Hasn't been released.

Archived