Community Rainbow Tables IRC

silivrenion

The IRC split of interest has caused plenty of community disorganization lately, to which I am very dissatisfied with the unavailability of network services, and the flocking of people to random servers.

To help alleviate the problems, I have created irc.rainbowtables.org server address. Currently it points to irc.hak5.org, but depending on what happens, it may be moved to any server. Currently the lack of nickserv/chanserv/memoserv on irc.hak5.org prevents it from being a usable server in the future, however.

This is a time when order and organization is well needed, and unfortunately I cannot help the situation due to the fact that I am on vacation at the moment choosing a new home.

If anyone has any questions about the Community Rainbow Tables problem, please don't hesitate to contact CRT at hak5rainbowtables@gmail.com .

The IRC split of interest has caused plenty of community disorganization lately, to which I am very dissatisfied with the unavailability of network services, and the flocking of people to random servers.

To help alleviate the problems, I have created irc.rainbowtables.org server address.

/me begins scratching his head

Doesn't adding another server address just do the exact opposite of what you strive to achieve?

Why does this seem like some thing the American/British government would do (try to make some thing more simple, but in the end there methods of simplification just makes things more complicated)?

The idea is that if we need to, and if people are using the irc.rainbowtables.org address, we can easily redirect everyone to the correct server at any given time. The address makes sense only if #rainbowtables moves to another server, which I'm guessing it will soon. It does make it a little more complicated in the short term sense, but it allows greater flexibility later when we need to expand.

I do like the convenience of being on the hak5 servers, but if those server's aren't stable enough for the growth and functionality that we require, we have to sustain on a different server, at least until the hak5 servers can provide the services we need.