Devices connected to Wifi Pineapple cannot load sites?

Drizzy

Hello, 

I am a new Wifi Pineapple Nano owner. I have followed the hack 5 setup guide. I currently have my pineapple setup on my desktop. I have allowed my network connection to be shared. I changed the IPv4 IP address to the 172.16.42.42. When I load the bulletins from Hak5 it loads correctly. When I try to download modules it works as well. 

I have both client filtering and ssid filtering set to deny so anyone can join at the moment. 

I have the PineAP Daemon enabled with all checkboxes from Allow Associations to Broadcast SSID pool enabled except capture SSIDs to pool. I am currently broadcasting one SSID. 

I am able to connect to this SSID I have broadcasting. My device pops up under the clients tab. 

The issue I am having is when I try to browse on my computer that is connected to the Wifi Pineapple. I can connect to google. I can google anything and it loads. However, when I try to click a link of something I have googled or if I try to type a URL I cannot access the site. This happens the majority of the time. It will just sit there indefinitely trying to load the site. Odd exceptions are that I can access Wikipedia.org, osmosis.org, costco.com, and youtube.com.

I have been looking on youtube and forums about my issue. I have not found much except people that have not been able to get their bulletins to load which is usually incorrect sharing or IP address settings. This doesnt seem to be my problem since I can load some websites.

I apologize if I am missing something obvious here. I am pretty new to this and trying to learn more. I have been stuck troubleshooting the issue for a few hours and have not made any progress. I appreciate any help and/or suggestions.

Hey! I don’t know for sure, but those domains you mentioned seem to be common domains that one would visit... perhaps they are in your DNS cache and that’s why they load. It sounds like a DNS issue where the device cannot get addresses resolved. Check that the device connected to the pineapple has a DNS server given to it/set, and check with ping if you truly have an internet connection. Maybe you don’t have packet forwarding enabled?

apologies if this is wrong - just my thoughts on it. 

Archived