Defective item wifi pineapple tetra

Adamomar

I bought the wifi pineapple tetra like 10 days ago. But the unit is bad. Keeps restarting and shutting down every 10-15 I'm using the cable that came And it's connected directly  to an electric outlet. I Don't know what to do at this point. I contacted the customer support via email. But I'm not getting any help from them at all. They asked me what's wrong with the device. And replied back. But guess that wasn't enough for them. I Don't know what else they want. Now they stop replying at all. Can somebody help plz I spent 200 dollars on a device that I can't use? 

So how come nobody is helping with this at all. What should I do at this point. I keep getting the same emails from customer support with no help. ”

Jaimie (Hak5)

May 8, 2020, 11:43:22 AM PDT

Ahmad,
Thanks for providing that info.  I'm going to pass this to the product team, and they can review and assist you from there.   

Jaimie (Hak5)

May 4, 23:28 PDT

Hi Ahmad,

I am so sorry you are having trouble with your WiFi Pineapple TETRA.  

I'm looping you through to Product Support for assistance

I don’t know what to do at this point. No help from The customer service what so ever .even here. I spent 200 dollars on a device I can't even use. I think I'm going to submit a Complain to BBB. I have no other option. Only had the device for 8 days. I received it on 04-30-2020 

@UserNameHerehow are you powering it?

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471754-Power-Considerations

WiFi Pineapple TETRA
The WiFi Pineapple TETRA requires 24W for normal stable operation. While the device may function under minimal load with less power, such as from USB, system instability will occur during peak load causing a reboot. The recommended and only guaranteed power method is by using the included 12V DC adapter.

Power may be provided to the device by any combination of USB UART, USB ETH, or 12V DC ports. The 12V DC port accepts a standard IEC 60130-10:1971 type A connector with 5.5 mm OD, 2.1 mm ID (center positive).

The UART and ETH ports on the WiFi Pineapple TETRA will accept power from combined USB sources, such as from computers, wall adapters or batteries via USB Y cables. There is no risk of providing too much power from standard 5 volt USB sources as the WiFi Pineapple TETRA will only draw as much amperage as needed, however the WiFi Pineapple TETRA must be supplied at least 24W for normal operation.

• 1 month later...

Archived