Wifi sharing problem on MacOS

Mico

Hi there! I have a problem with internet connection sharing between my Mac and wifi pineapple. If I start sharing, the network will become disrupted and couldn't be able to connect to the internet. I downloaded and setup the wifi pineapple upgrade to the Kali Linux VM and it does work well when running the platform but internet connection is not. What should I do?

I am having the same issue. I enable Internet sharing On my Mac’s WiFi Interface, to share with the Pineapple. I then have to change the IP address on the pineapple. Even if it says that is is already in the 172.16.42.x range,  I find that I still have to change it to a different address in the same range before I can connect to the Pineapple. Even then, my MacBook can connect can connect to the Internet or to the Pineapple via my web browser, but I am Unable to refresh the bulletins on the dashboard, or refresh the module list.

i need to do some more checking, but I‘m not sure that this is an issue on the Pineapple. When I reboot into Windows 10 on the same MacBook, and enable Internet Connection Sharing, it works just fine.

When I get some free time, I’m going to try using a different device with MacOS connection sharing and see what happens.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:41 PM, Mico said:

Hi there! I have a problem with internet connection sharing between my Mac and wifi pineapple. If I start sharing, the network will become disrupted and couldn't be able to connect to the internet. I downloaded and setup the wifi pineapple upgrade to the Kali Linux VM and it does work well when running the platform but internet connection is not. What should I do?

Try going to the network settings for the Pineapple, and turn off DHCP. Only do this for the WiFi Pineapple connection, and not your regular connection. Set the connection to “Manual”, and set the IP address to 172.16.42.42, and the netmask to 255.255.255.0. Leave the other settings blank. That should make the Mac’s Internet connection work. I won’t necessarily allow the WiFi Pineapple to connect to the Internet, although it might if you are running an older version of MacOS.

Hi Aaron,

I did turning off the DHCP to switch with manual settings and follows everything you said but unfortunately still didn't work. I came across Google to search for an answer but everything are not working. I did some changes also in the command prompt to configure internet connection on lan and changed the option ipaddr to 192.168.2.10 and option gateway to 198.168.2.42.

But I would like to know what procedure did you do on Windows 10 Virtual Machine to enable connection sharing because I did that also together with Kali Linux but failed. 

On 3/12/2020 at 7:41 AM, Mico said:

Hi Aaron,

I did turning off the DHCP to switch with manual settings and follows everything you said but unfortunately still didn't work. I came across Google to search for an answer but everything are not working. I did some changes also in the command prompt to configure internet connection on lan and changed the option ipaddr to 192.168.2.10 and option gateway to 198.168.2.42.

But I would like to know what procedure did you do on Windows 10 Virtual Machine to enable connection sharing because I did that also together with Kali Linux but failed. 

@MicoI’m not using a Virtual Machine, I’m using bootcamp to close out of macOS and boot straight into Windows 10.

When you say you “did some changes also in the command prompt to configure internet connection on lan”... do you mean you did this on the Mac or on the Pineapple?

I discovered that my Pineapple supports my NetGear WNA3100M version 1 connected to the other USB port, and am now using that in client mode to connect my Pineapple to the Network.

Archived