Deauth Problems

I am having some trouble with the Death module on the Wifi Pineapple Tetra. Both the Pineapple and Module are updated to the most recent updates as of May 2019. The problem is after I scan the area for APs and add them to my black list and press the start button, the start button will turn yellow for a minute like it wants to start and then it just reverts back to the green start button as if it never started. The only time I think it actually works is when I have the mdk3 set to wlan1mon, but when I start the module with this interface and check the logs, it says Deauth has started, but there are no packets being sent. I could really use some help if anyone has any ideas. Thanks.

1. I have the PineAP on and set to come in on start.

2. Positioning? What would you recommend? I was not aware there would be a positioning issue.

3. I do not believe I am deauthing myself. I am connected over a wireless interface and have added the PineAP to the whitelist if that helps.

Positioning is important. Deauth needs a solid connection. Signal consistency in my experience dealing with atheros type wireless is weird. I have one of these cards in my pc, the signal with these cards seems more prone to 'glance' off of solid objects in certain situations. I'm standing in one such spot in my home. Signal glances off my devices in one corner of my apartment. I cannot connect but my pineapple will detect my device as connected when I am in this corner. Stand 200 yards away in the field and I have better signal than 35 feet away with no connection issues on my nighthawk. Similar with my pc, 2.4ghz will sometimes glance off of solid objects like my desk at close range, it will not connect using the atheros card when it would make sense and others card would have no such issue. This would create the situation where a deauth should happen but signal itself is inconsistent. 

Deauthing on wireless is just not recommended. Deauth is going to create signal interference anyways regardless. Whitelisting/blacklisting yourself has not produced the consistent results  that wiring does. Also I prefer to use my alfa for deauth. It behaves more like a scalpel, especially after adding a few filter add-ons. The only time, I've had this work is with a 3rd adapter. I think you are creating the interference for your management AP.

So essentially you can not have any solid object between the pineapple and the device being Deauthed? That would probably be one of the problems I am having. I have to use a wireless signal for the project I am working on is the only problem. I just don't get why I can only start the module on the wlan1mon instead of the wlan0-1 or wlan0. I had it working a couple days ago but now its just not working out for me.

Archived