Setup on Kali VM with Windows host

Cliff69

I'm running Kali Linux with VirtualBox on a Win 10 host. Do I have to go through the official Kali setup for the Pineapple or do I do the setup on Windows? As far as the Networking on VirtualBox, what sort of adapter do I choose (NAT, Bridged, Host-Only, etc.)?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 12:50 PM, Cliff69 said:

I'm running Kali Linux with VirtualBox on a Win 10 host. Do I have to go through the official Kali setup for the Pineapple or do I do the setup on Windows? As far as the Networking on VirtualBox, what sort of adapter do I choose (NAT, Bridged, Host-Only, etc.)? 

For this kind of situation, you have to allow the USB connection from VirtualBox (Link) and then go through the Kali setup tutorial as you are trying to run Kali on a Windows 10 machine. For the networking part, you can go with an external USB WiFi card or you can choose the default (NAT) for the Kali setup. In the Kali Linux setup, Darren Kitchen uses a wireless card but using an Ethernet plug (NAT in your case) would be ok but make sure your Windows machine is connected to the internet whether you have an Ethernet plug (Physically, not in VM) or a wireless card. Hope this helps! 🙂

Archived