Bash Bunny Tool Loading.

Dreamer

Hello everyone. 

New to the Hak5 community. And to the whole computer scene. Somewhere I figured that learning python, bash, and powershell pretty much simultaneously would be a great idea. 

Anyways, I just picked up a Bash Bunny as I thought an easier platform to do cool stuff than re flashing a duck (still haven’t figured it out proper yet)  would be right up my alley. So I put the updater on the Bunny, and got the libraries and the general goodies loaded. But on trying to load up the tools into the tools folder on the Bunny here’s what happens.  In. Arming mode I get the deb files into the tools folder. Once I eject the Bunny, and reload it in arming mode my tools folder is wiped and the deb files are gone. 

I have tired to save the debs to the folder in both windows and Mac (sorry no Linux :( ) I have been able to get the files to persist if I load them with the Bunny in a non used position (I don’t have anything on Switch 2 so I used that). However, going back into arming mode, it will still wipe the Debs from that tools folder. 

I feel like there there is something very simple that I’m missing but I just don’t see it. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks

When you copy the deb files into the tools folder in arming mode into the tools folder and reload the bunny in arming mode they are supposed to disappear.  They have been installed to the tools folder on the system's root which you cannot see unless you SSH into the Bunny but if you do it right they will be there and ready for use with your payloads.

51 minutes ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

When you copy the deb files into the tools folder in arming mode into the tools folder and reload the bunny in arming mode they are supposed to disappear.  They have been installed to the tools folder on the system's root which you cannot see unless you SSH into the Bunny but if you do it right they will be there and ready for use with your payloads.

You sir. Saved me a few hours of confusion. Thanks ?

• 3 years later...

Hi, I am a newbie to Bash Bunny. 

I am trying to install impacket payload but failed miserably. 

Understand that it will not appear in the tool folder of bash bunny after installation. 

When I switch to Custom Payload 2 (Switch 2), I get a blinking red FAIL status. 

Appreciate some guidance on this. Thank you. 

Describe more in detail how you are doing this. Are you copying the Impacket deb file to the tools folder of the Bunny flash storage? What deb file are you using? What payload are you using? The "Fast SMB" one from Hak5 GitHub? For some reason it seems as if the deb fails to install to /tools on the Bunny if it's still in the /tools folder after installation. If you ssh into the Bunny, is there an impacket directory in /tools and does it have subdirs and files in it?

Archived