Parrot OS - Nvidia Laptop

PixL

I have a laptop with an Nvidia 1050 GPU, i've tried to install quite a few Linux distributions and have failed to get my GPU working with all of them except Mint Linux... that picked it up automatically and just worked...so i've been sing that for a while.

I would like to use Parrot OS but none of the online tutorials i've found actually get the GPU working, has anyone got any experience?

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, PixL said:

I have a laptop with an Nvidia 1050 GPU, i've tried to install quite a few Linux distributions and have failed to get my GPU working with all of them except Mint Linux... that picked it up automatically and just worked...so i've been sing that for a while.

I would like to use Parrot OS but none of the online tutorials i've found actually get the GPU working, has anyone got any experience?

Unfortunately Parrot / a lot of Linux distros initially recognise the on-board graphics card, rather than any added GPU.

I've come across tutorials previously online, doing a search maybe try one of the following. I think they call it 'GPU passthrough' if you need to search Google;

https://medium.com/@dubistkomisch/gaming-on-arch-linux-and-windows-10-with-vfio-iommu-gpu-passthrough-7c395dde5c2

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmasterrace/comments/2z30dq/gpu_passthrough_or_how_to_play_any_game_at_near/

Be aware that I don't believe you can get the full graphic card's potential released through passthrough though. You'll lose some of the computational power from Linux having work out how to use the GPU.